• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASE Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The circle to 33 is rare. I go to KASE a few times per month and haven't landed on 33 in over 2 years. Rifle is an OK alternate but don't forget about Grand Junction- BIG runway and wide-open valley. My boss leaves an SUV there for the rare times we can't get into ASE. If you're coming from the West, I would file to PITMN then DBL. Expect PITMN at FL200. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

FWIW- Our company mins are: see the runway @ DBL or go to KGJT.

Have fun! Maybe we'll see you up there.

AA717driver said:
We usually do a whifferdill to the right up the valley and left turn back--and that's in the 550. Never done it in the IV.

You've got to educate me on what a "whifferdill" is... :confused:

whifferdill is alot like a whozamajammer but to the right!

...also a related informational story

had a crew going into KEGE last week that had to depart the approach due to trws. all the usual alternate airports of rifle, grand junction and colorado springs were unworkable due to said trws. they went a little north to KHDN (hayden) and had a good experience RON. so i would add that airport to "bag of tricks".

...OH and last time i went into ASE we had to do a double whifferdill to the left to avoid a little high winger :D - not fun

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
someday..dear god..someday I will fly a 70's technology Gulfstream IV.

till then I just slum.....(and dont go to ASE anymore!)

:D .

Ahhh, you are correct. GIV, GV, all pretty old tech. Man, that BBJ is REALLY old stuff. Now, a Cirrus, there's a modern plane. Maybe I'll look for a job in one of those.:)

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Ahhh, you are correct. GIV, GV, all pretty old tech. Man, that BBJ is REALLY old stuff. Now, a Cirrus, there's a modern plane. Maybe I'll look for a job in one of those.:)

Ace

What's NBAA pay for Cirrus Capt.? :D TC

P.S.--A whifferdill is a civilian "jink". ;)

AA717driver said:
We usually do a whifferdill to the right up the valley and left turn back--and that's in the 550. ;) TC

Is that anything like "sashaying down final"? It must be a hoosier term!

X

No, a "sashay" is more spontaneous. Kind of like 'normal bracketing'. A whifferdill is a planned maneuver. TC

Latest resources

Back