• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's S. Hall flying as a CA.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this is what we are worried and grieving about, no wonder nothing productive gets done. He's managment not a line pilot just like every other managment pilot, ie..CP's, aren't considered in the position bids. He's the system CP, who cares what his seniority is until he gets canned and then he can come back to the line as an FO.

He can have my trips on reserve all he wants and I'll stay at home with my family. Put your frustration to a better use.

The more he flies the line the more he will be exposed to the operational issues that face the crews every day. That will be the only way things get fixed.

Let me ask you this. How many time did C.S. fly the line while a CP. I believe he has not flown an a/c for over 3 years. Maybe 4.

Here is another question. ASA predominately flies jets. How many of our CP's past and present had zero line experience on the RJ or were even typed in the jet.

The nerve of that man!
I bet he even flew the Saab when he was the VP of Op's at C8.

Get a grip, and find something with substance to cry about.

rjcap said:
The more he flies the line the more he will be exposed to the operational issues that face the crews every day. That will be the only way things get fixed.

Wouldn't that be nice for a change. Managment to see the light and not just the inside of their arse.

GO AROUND said:
Wouldn't that be nice for a change. Managment to see the light and not just the inside of their arse.

^^^^^^^^was a pilot before he was management, and I'm positive he remembers what it was like flying the line in the late 80's and 90's.
He will always stand up for his pilots.

Last edited by a moderator:
If DO NOT USE REAL NAMES HERE, BOYS..., or anyone else in management wants to pick up my lousy schedule, be my guest. Wonder if Crew Scheduling will put him on "wait at airport" reserve if his flight cancells, or extend him into Thanksgiving.

Somehow, I doubt we will see Capt. I MEAN IT! doing any of the BTR trips with 03:00 duty ins, or flying in crap weather. But if he likes flying - good for him.

The contract allows for LB pay when a CP takes your trip. As for YEAH, I MEAN IT! 'seeing' what's going on flying the line, and expecting changes, won't happen. He may input what he experiences to upper mgt but that will probally be as far as it goes. Only way things will change is if Skywest puts their own mgt types in place here, and then they 'see' what really goes on here. And then, the monkey will fly outa my butt right?

DON'T "OUT" SOMEONE'S NAME ON THE BOARD, MEN! NEXT ONE THAT USES HIS REAL NAME GETS A TRIP TO DA' BOX. Ahem...thank you. Rant over.

IFlyFL410 said:
I care because he's taking away a CA's slot from someone, possilbly me. How do you know I wasn't next in line for upgrade? And for your information Jackass, I wasn't bitchng about anything. Just asking who else had some info on this. You'd give a danm if you were the one possibly getting screwed out of this deal. You think you're some hot $hit telling me to chill out etc.....your reply was not the type of response I was looking for, so beat it a$$hole:uzi:

He isn't "taking anyone' slot". He is not holding an awarded position. He does not bid and hold a line every month. Nobody is getting screwed. Least of all, you. Good for the Captain who gets his trip taken so the guy can fly. Be happy the CP is out seeing what it is like out there.

Now go take Paxil and simma down.

fyeo777 said:
Hey IFLY410

Why do you care? You are not even a captain? The guys in management. He is required to fly the line every month per the new VP of Flight Ops, what is he suppose to do, fly as an FO, get a life. People like you are always bitching about how the managment in flight ops can't relate to life on the line and now you are bitching because the guy is out flying. This is done at all airlines. Do some research, chill out, and grow up.

The extent of your ignorance is almost incomprehensible to me. Seniority is the foundation of every contract in this industry. Dumb stunts like this that subvert the seniority system have implications that go way beyond an unqualified Bozo dressing up and playing pilot once a month.

Latest resources

Back