• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's newest milestone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where was the flight to. Hopefully SC I'd like to see what some of the passengers thought of having an all black crew?

Nice.....

I just can't wait for the other "milestones" which have not yet been broken:

-The first all-dominatrix-midget-stripper flight crew
-The first all-diet-sprite-drinkers flight crew
-The first all-transvestite-golfer flight crew
-The first all-furless-cat-owners flight crew
-The first all-bankrupt-and-twice-divorced flight crew
-The first-all-hairlipped flight crew
-The first all-irritable-bowl-syndrome flight crew-P.U.

Seriously-who the hell gives a crap?

How incredibly inappropriate.

Interesting. She was in the lounge, when she was a new FO, talking about as soon as DAL began hiring again that she was out of here since she was female and AA.
Are you jealous? You would take the opportunity also--as would I. Equal opportunity is a theory, not a reality. As an employee of a ASA, you have an advantage in mainline's hiring practice over pilots from most other Regionals. However, there is other criteria that has to be met for you to qualify.

Also interesting is that years ago our HR department stated that SB helped her, financially, get in to FSI.

If that is true, Cheers to SB! He was a good man. Maybe his example should be followed by all those whiners, too CHEAP and too principled, to contribute pocket change to the Furlouged Pilot Fund!

Get over your righteous self. OUR profession should be based on someones ability. Not by their skin color or sex. A label doesn't do anything when an emergency takes place. Your skills do.

If that's your position, how did you feel when major airlines only hired ex-military? Certainly, they had demonstrated their ability and had excellent training.

Skin color and gender(sex) were discriminating factors in hiring for a number of years--and I would dare say, may still be at some properties.

How do you feel about the college degree or other education requirment?

Last edited:
It's interesting to read some of these toxic posts. The question to ask most, is how do you feel about yourself? Does this recognition make you feel small or bad about yourself?

Bottom line: It was history--no matter how it was staged or how one wants to view it. Recognize the fact and move on.

Somone on the Company forum commented that his feelings were hurt because the first all Italian crew had not been rocognized yet. Maybe, it has not happened, yet.

The First Idiot to make insensitive and inappropriate comments on that forum was not recognized yet either--or. Maybe he was!

Some of you guys have your head so far up your a** your breath smells like sh....

Its a good thing people decided to do their venting on FI. Because if I heard some of these posts uttered around the lounge things would get interesting REAL quick.........

Anyways, a remarkable achievement by these 4 women and ASA. Very fitting for this to happen at an airline based in Atlanta, home to the most affluent black population in the US.

Its a good thing people decided to do their venting on FI. Because if I heard some of these posts uttered around the lounge things would get interesting REAL quick.

Would you do a drive by? Glock,Glock Mofo!!

Latest resources

Back