ASA's Cloudy Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Firehoser,

What you say is very true, on a grand scale. But I am in principle, defending the regionals and not the mainline carriers, and cpt caveman is correct, the cuts that they are asking of us are VERY negligable. Look at it this way, I read an article in a financial paper (don't remember which one) but I do remember what it was about. The Comair pay cuts. The article said that the proposed (now voted on) pay cuts would save Delta aprox 17 million per year.

ok, that is just over 4 million per qtr. Skywest INC reported over 80 MILLION in profits in the forth quarter alone of 2005.

Now the cuts that they are asking us to take are far less than that of Comair and I doubt would save them even 8 million per year but even if it did, that would be only 2 million per qtr.

THIS IS REDICULOUS. So don't tell me they can't afford to pay me. It isn't about what they can or cannot afford to do but about what they can get away with. They are threatening us saying they will "take the 70's" if we don't take the cuts. This is simply a ploy to get our costs on the 70 down equal to skywest. They have found a way to bust the union.

ALPA isn't innocent either. They should quit pounding there chest, acting like it isn't happening, and put all of there effort into combating this new tactic (it isn't that new but they have yet to admit that it exists).

So, as long as the whipsaw is there, we will never get paid what we are worth as pilots, but will only get what they can get away with giving us.

I don't want to bankrupt the company, i just want a fair wage for the job that i do, which carries a great deal of responsibility and skill.

Latest resources

Back