• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's Cloudy Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only is it whipsaw within the same group, we would still be buying the growth. Pilots do not buy the airplanes for them with wages

Here is an idea...get out of the lease at the GO in ATL and lease some cheap storefront office space in College Park. That would bring down the overhead.

And while you are at it, get rid of ALL of the full time help. If every one is part time, they pay no O/T and no insurance.

Quit agreeing to Walmart the industry folks.

All i am saying is what good does a super 70 pay rate do us if there are no 70's to fly. I am NOT an advocate of what the company is doing. What most of you are saying is correct, but business is business. And from a business standpoint, if skywest is cheaper on the 70, they will get them.

Like i did say before, there is more that goes into the cost equation than just pilot costs...logistics will play a part in this as well. But if they are cheaper, they will get the aircraft. And those of you who say that the 50 is gone, NOT correct. We have lots of 50's. Yes , they aren't making any more, but that doesn't mean it will be gone in 4 or 5 years. I do understand that most of the growth is with the 70...and obviously this is why they are focusing on this in the pay scale...but we will most likely get some of the CAL flying..as will other carriers, and so there may be some growth on this plane.

I just don't think that it is a good idea to fight for something that if we get, will most likely go away anyway.

Keep in mind, we could still get an EFFECTIVE raise with profit sharing and duty rigs...BOTH ARE A MUST THOUGH...we have to have the duty rigs too. I am so tired of the inefficiencies of our schedule.

Then, once the contract is done, we must put all our efforts into building relations with each other (skywest and ASA)...stop the whipsaw and you will get what we are worth.

ALSO, I would like to add that I AM NOT suggesting that we undercut skywest...I am simply suggesting that if the costs are even, then the aircraft will be spread out evenly among the 2 companies...I believe that this is better for everyone as it will aid in building good relations among the two companies as apposed to creating competition and animosity between us.

EV120 said:
Not only is it whipsaw within the same group, we would still be buying the growth. Pilots do not buy the airplanes for them with wages

Here is an idea...get out of the lease at the GO in ATL and lease some cheap storefront office space in College Park. That would bring down the overhead.

And while you are at it, get rid of ALL of the full time help. If every one is part time, they pay no O/T and no insurance.

Quit agreeing to Walmart the industry folks.

Agreed. Every time I choke down a Wendy's in 6 minutes, busting my azz to get the flight out on-time, I should think about the catered lunches, the marble floors, and the maple furniture at the G.O. that is inhabited by our managers for about 35 hrs/week.

EV120 said:
General,
I don't want a cut of anything at ASA. And I am willing to strike for that as well. However you must remember, if we take any cuts to make our CASM yard sale cheaper, we and others like us become financially more attractive to your "Outsourcing"

It is funny you talk about CASM. In the beginning of our 1113c trial the company stated they needed us, the pilots, to help hit a target CASM. Well guess what? We have now hit that target, and the company has changed their talk to block hours instead of CASM. You can do whatever you want to try to lower the CASM, and then they will change the subject to something else.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FL990,

Why do you want the CAL flying?

Any further 50-seat growth will come at the direct expense of some other regional. I'm not sure I want a piece of that, even if it does benefit me.

Also, while SkyWest may be cheaper on the 700, how much do you think it would cost for them to set up a crew base in ATL? That's where the airplanes will be needed.

Last edited:
goahead said:
WILL YOU PLEASE STFU AND GET ON THE MAJORS BOARD

Are you a moderator? Sounds like IFLY4FOOD. Hey, I can give an opinion on ANY board I want. If you don't like it, then IGNORE me, please. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back