Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WWEfan

One List
Just curious about everyone's thoughts on a possible "post-Delta" era for ASA and for Atlanta. With a Delta pilot strike looming on the horizon this topic seems to be gaining momentum in the crew lounge. I know all the Delta pilots think they will shutdown mainline, ASA, Comair and possibly Skywest when they walk out, but I'm not so sure. I'm not even sure Comair is without hope in this scenario. Someone has to pickup the flying in ATL and CVQ. I doubt any single LCC could pick up all the slack, especially the int'l flying.

My crystal ball shows multiple contract carriers filling the void until a bigger player can take over. I'm sure Delta would be having a fire sale on most if not all of their equipment and routes which would allow any companies with good credit a chance to grab airplanes quickly and at a reduced price. There are probably plenty of pilots on the street ready fly those planes too. At least it wouldn't take long to train them.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone else?

Mark my words "Delta Pilots will NOT Strike". Too much to lose, not enough solidarity among the group. ASA and Skywest are fine, just trying to iron out wrinkles in the labor agreement. That will take a little more time, but will end with both parties semi happy. Comair, well they may get bulldozed by DALPA to save some flying. I truely feel that DAL hates Comair for the strike and because they would not let DAL push them around.

Last edited:
I certainly hope they don't strike. I agree there is alot to lose and not just for the mainline guys and gals. Everyone loses in this scenario.....except ofcourse the vultures that swoop in on Delta's carcass.

I guess another big question is...."Will George Bush even allow the Delta pilots to walk?" Maybe we'll get that answer with the Mesaba/Northwest situation.

Last edited:
WWEfan said:
Just curious about everyone's thoughts on a possible "post-Delta" era for ASA and for Atlanta. With a Delta pilot strike looming on the horizon this topic seems to be gaining momentum in the crew lounge. I know all the Delta pilots think they will shutdown mainline, ASA, Comair and possibly Skywest when they walk out, but I'm not so sure. I'm not even sure Comair is without hope in this scenario. Someone has to pickup the flying in ATL and CVQ. I doubt any single LCC could pick up all the slack, especially the int'l flying.

My crystal ball shows multiple contract carriers filling the void until a bigger player can take over. I'm sure Delta would be having a fire sale on most if not all of their equipment and routes which would allow any companies with good credit a chance to grab airplanes quickly and at a reduced price. There are probably plenty of pilots on the street ready fly those planes too. At least it wouldn't take long to train them.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone else?

So you are saying these contract carriers will fly struck work? Which contract carriers do you have in mind? Who will then fill the void these contract carriers left by filling Deltas void? If Delta pilots strike, the big players who are pulling the strings, the GEs and AMEXs of the world, will decide if Delta is to liquidate or settle with the pilots. I doubt these players will liquidate a 16 billion dollar a year company over a couple of hundred million dollars. It would be a big void to fill!

800Dog said:
So you are saying these contract carriers will fly struck work? Which contract carriers do you have in mind? Who will then fill the void these contract carriers left by filling Deltas void? If Delta pilots strike, the big players who are pulling the strings, the GEs and AMEXs of the world, will decide if Delta is to liquidate or settle with the pilots. I doubt these players will liquidate a 16 billion dollar a year company over a couple of hundred million dollars. It would be a big void to fill!
Not going to be an issue.

Its not struck work if Delta doesn't exist anymore. I'm talking about life after Delta....not while they are on strike.

WWEfan said:
Its not struck work if Delta doesn't exist anymore. I'm talking about life after Delta....not while they are on strike.
actually if they were to strike and DL did die, it would still be struck work...technically. Still won't ever be an issue.

WWEfan said:

And who will fill the void when ASA pilots strike? Skywest?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back