• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT New Name

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The simple fact of the matter is that ASA is the surviving carrier, and we are appeasing the XJT people by taking their name and uniform.

Assuming for a moment for argument sake that this is true, it still doesn't change the fact that Skywest bought ASA and then they bought XJT and then they merged us together.

The simple fact of the matter is that ASA is the surviving carrier, and we are appeasing the XJT people by taking their name and uniform.

I think the uniform stuff is a financial decision, I mean buy new stuff for 1600 dudes or 2700. I'd pick the cheaper option too. I find it curious though that they are changing the stripes to shiny gold over time. Hopefully they are thinking ahead. i.e. all carriers merged.

I find it curious though that they are changing the stripes to shiny gold over time. Hopefully they are thinking ahead. i.e. all carriers merged.

That is the only thing that makes sense for the shiny gold decision: hedging in case a SKYW/XJT merger (or one list) happens down the line. They wouldn't want to pay for uniform changes a second time.

Assuming for a moment for argument sake that this is true, it still doesn't change the fact that Skywest bought ASA and then they bought XJT and then they merged us together.

Man you need help. Get over the ASA Skywest thing. It's a done deal that you can't change.

Two huge points that are being overlooked......

1.) It doesn't matter, in any way, whom bought whom. There is no benefit to being aquired vs. being the purchasing entity. Don't throw a hissy- it's just law. Legislation was put in place as a direct result of the USAirways/AmWest merger that prevents this.

2.) Skywest Inc. isn't going to spend or lose money on us. If we don't make money between XJet and ASA (combined into whatever you wish to name us), we simply won't exist. Waiting for the big Brinks truck from St. George, UT is a waste of time, best spent re-aligning personal finances in prep for future unemployment. The sooner you have this concept grasped, the less heart burn you will suffer, and the longer you will live.

Skywest Inc. execs are in the business of making money, not managing airlines- the two are mutually exclusive, as far as they are concerned.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back