• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA, why not show 'em our potential??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:cool:Unfortunately it is all that you can do! If you get rattled about the work ethic of the ATL rampers....you will die of HIGH blood pressure. The WORK ETHIC just is not there. You would never see that in DFW. I sure miss those days. Now, all we can do is sit back andwait!

Looking at your Total Time, surely you havent been there more than a year. You're a little trigger happy at this point. For those who put in 3 or more years have a good view of what has really changed at ASA.

Most ASA pilots still go out of their way everyday. They make flights deaprt ontime, get extra bags on, and yes might even make sure you can JS one day. All of this accurs while mgmt still pisses on the pilot group. If the pilots really wanted to get at mgmt, they would STOP doing all the extras. The would do exactly as the contract says and let all of mgmts new programs fall apart.

The only way to get ahead is to ORGANIZE and STOP the BS because we can not change the ATL demographics.

Heck, most of management's new programs are falling apart all by themselves. Been sitting on the ramp recently waiting for the rampers to park you at outstations since we dont call inrange anymore?

This company is totally pi$$ing me off. Management has no idea how we make things work on the line. If we flew exactly "by the book", the whole airline would shut down. Everything I do is for the passengers, and sure is hell not for the company. The passengers are the innocent victims caught up in this hell hole. If we were flying boxes, I would be legally late on every flight and wouldn't care. I've never seen a company who has such poor relationships within the employees and management. I say we combine ASA and Comair, use their management, and introduce us as an IPO. (Imagine the gratification of giving Chucky T and the lawyers a good ol fashion boot up the a$$) I believe ASA and Comair combined are making around 35 million profit per quarter. After Delta files bankruptcy, who knows what will happen. I'm just fed up with the whole industry.

Last edited:
Stifler's Mom said:
Many of us would love to do this, but unfortunately I have heard too many stories of people being told by CPs that our jobs only begin when the airplane is pushed back.

I will go to my grave believing that because some bean counter can't quantify savings due to enthusiastic and happy employees, we will never see policies or programs implemented that will allow this company to be as great as it could be.

Exactly right. Southwest knows the value of happy employees, so do ALL of the truely successful companies with any longevity. ASA management is beyond not caring, they are TOTALLY oblivious--thinking that they are liked, and that the company runs just fine. When was the last time you saw a memeber of management on the line? (aside from one of Drews "Let's talk" bullshit, propaganda sessions).

ASA has absolutely NO talent at the top. Skip has been with DAL/ASA for what, 30 years? And he chooses now to leave for some BS carribean airline? This is a huge sign of a sinking ship.

No, he is leaving because he knows his pension was at risk. Delta could possibly go on for many many years, but he had one chance to take his pension and run. He did. So did 2000 of our Captains in the last year and a half. That's fine with me---I can move up at the same time. Sure, I won't have a pension, but I have time for a 401K and possibly time to start my new Chippendales franchise.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There has been a bit of bad blood between our 2 pilot groups on here lately, so I just want to use my 100th post to wish you guys good luck with the contract and DL's potential bankruptcy.

It's interesting that this thread, started by our newcomer TexPilot (welcome Tex, BTW) and lastly commented on by the prolific General (congrats on 5K, BTW) is where I choose to make my 100th post.

-J

General Lee said:
No, he is leaving because he knows his pension was at risk. Delta could possibly go on for many many years, but he had one chance to take his pension and run. He did. So did 2000 of our Captains in the last year and a half. That's fine with me---I can move up at the same time. Sure, I won't have a pension, but I have time for a 401K and possibly time to start my new Chippendales franchise.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Come on General. Skip is (was) a senior member of ASA management, which makes him one of the more important VPs at DAL (remember, he has always been a DAL employee, not an ASA employee) At this level his pension was never at risk. Just like Michelle Burns, Leo M., and a host of others who have departed. As long as most of his retirement wasn't based in DAL stock, he would be just fine.

Who knows, perhaps Skip was asked to leave after ASA continued to fail in almost every department. It always seemed to me that Skip never really tried to lead the company, he simply let his underlings do the work (Drew, Brian, Chuck).....all of which this company would be better without.

This pilot group will never be able to work with management as long at CT is still in power. It wouldn't surprice me if CT were named the new president (of course he is an ASA retread, not a career deltoid)

Joe_pilot, thanks for the welcome. It's good to hear that alot of you are giving 100%.
I don't have too much experience with forums, but it's an interesting medium where I'm finding people are totally free to express themselves.
Once again, I appreciate the input from everyone.

Texpilot

Latest resources

Back