ASA, why not show 'em our potential??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TexPilot

As someone who is new to these boards, reading some of this stuff is fairly depressing. Why is it that we always trend towards the negative when trying to prove a point?

Believe me, I understand contract talks aren't going well and who knows when everyone will come to an agreement.

All I'm saying is why not show our full potential for one month. For one month act like we're working with the best contract in the industry. Come up with your best-case scenario (contract/pay/QOL/etc..) and work like we have it. On day 31, we go back to working like we're... well, working for our current contract. Show them what they could have. Believe me, if we did this as a whole it would make an impact.

Will they meet your best-case scenario, absolutely not; but hopefully we'll be closer to it.

Could you shoot holes through this and ridicule me, absolutely. What's the worst-case scenario; you work a little harder for one month and make some customers happy?

T

Most of us do this everyday. We are professionals. Management does not appreciate that....strike that.....management doesn't care. They are all just looking for the big money before the company goes TU. Skippy is the latest proof of that. Too bad we will prolly never know the $$$ details of his departure. It would certainly fire us up more.

Young Jedi, there is sooooo much more involved than in how hard the pilot group works.

There are systemic issues, well out of the hands of the pilots, that prevent this airline from reaching it's potential.

I can remember busting my A$$ in the Brasilia, and still running 3-4 hours late daily.

They don't care about our performance now so I can't see how it would make any difference.

I think it would be an unneccesary and undeserved reprieve for management if we did as you suggest.

:rolleyes:I have to agree with Shamrock! Mngmt would just keep right on ticking and not even care what we did. Most of us bust our Asses to make things work, but when you go to almost 3 years of negotiations and the company just continues to walk away from the table, That is the LAST STRAW!! Unless big D see's just how bad things are, we are in for a loooooooooooooooooonnnnggggg ride!
Mgmnt can kiss my @ss! They don't respect us so SCREW THEM!!

I really think the writing is on the wall for us to be sold. With the departure of Skip and lack of good faith bargaining we should see a sale soon. The lack of a CBA may be a blessing in disguise though. Sure Big D prolly could NOT give us what we demanded. However, the airline that buys us should be in a better position to negotiate.

TexPilot said:
All I'm saying is why not show our full potential for one month.

Many of us would love to do this, but unfortunately I have heard too many stories of people being told by CPs that our jobs only begin when the airplane is pushed back.

I will go to my grave believing that because some bean counter can't quantify savings due to enthusiastic and happy employees, we will never see policies or programs implemented that will allow this company to be as great as it could be.

Last edited:
Stifler's Mom said:
Many of us would love to do this, but unfortunately I have heard too many stories of people being told by CPs that our jobs only begin when the airplane is pushed back.

If I feel the ground crew aren't doing their job properly, or a mechanic hasn't done his job properly, or the lavatory is smelling like a dead body, we aren't going. I'd love to hear a Chief Pilot explain why I am wrong. Don't be typing this stuff. A newbie might think it is true.

Complaints about wheelchairs not arriving for passengers after sitting on the plane for 15 minutes.

Complaints about ground crews disappearing and having to wait 30 minutes on the ramp to be parked.

These are two instances where a Captain I was flying with has told me about the response he recieved when he went in and complained to a CP. His advice was given to me because he saw how frustrated I would get when this and similar things would happen when returning to ATL. Now I just sit back and let things happen.

Latest resources

Back