• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA What Is It??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok weird. How can they be so naive. 500 airplanes means they buy every other regional. Totally over the top and a mega liability for the leadership if it's just a marketing gimmick.

No, just the ones owned by DAL.

It's really entertaining to watch all you ASA guys on here, a turd is still a turd, drink all the koolaid and crow all day long, it will never change. But I guess you have to convince yourself otherwise.

Brand identity is more important than some of you guys think. There is a reason companies spend several millions of dollars on branding efforts. It's not for no reason. As far as ASA is concerned, I can see how they felt it was necessary.

On that note, though, if they're going to change our "look," they should probably change some parts of the operation that continue to plague the company. Operations and flight control are a complete mess. A new logo isn't a "magical fix" for what ails us. I hope they take the rebranding effort a step forward by "rebranding" internal ops.

Last edited:
Actually, we're not the first to "own" the red box:

http://www.bwiairport.com/en/faqs

"BWI Marshall logo - The red and white symbol on the BWI Marshall logo was designed to represent forward movement and growth. Although it was not designed to represent either an airplane, bird in flight or the United State’s Capitol building many people see a connection and relate the logo to one of these or to an upward pointing arrow."

Does that make us second-hand owners?

But I do like ASA's...oops Atlantic Southeast's new logo, though. I'm also cautiously optimistic about whatever plans management has for the future. Whether it's true or not, it sure is nice to have a little hope for the future, instead of just wondering when we'll become the next dying and discarded regional.

With 800 million in the bank they (SKYW Inc.) could be focusing on a carrier other than a regional. How much do the majors have in the bank and good luck getting financing to replace all the 88's and 75's out there.

With 800 million in the bank they (SKYW Inc.) could be focusing on a carrier other than a regional. How much do the majors have in the bank and good luck getting financing to replace all the 88's and 75's out there.

one could argue that they/we have 800+ million in the bank because we are NOT the type of airline that purchases major type carriers. If it aint broke...

one could argue that they/we have 800+ million in the bank because we are NOT the type of airline that purchases major type carriers. If it aint broke...

I agree, we'll see though. Might just loan/buy all the regional flying in the US.

Could they not put their hair up? AS should have had them done up professionally with dignity instead of that floppy mess they put together. No wonder the public is suspicious. There are plenty of women pilots here who look professional and never mind the color of their skin which is the only reason they're plastered up there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back