ASA VP FLT OPs tries to scare the pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jegermeister said:
Liar, liar pants on fire! How can Charlie say that it's our fault, when it's really his fault. And for all you kids that don't want a better contract, reach down and act act like you have a pair......remember full pay to the last day!

I'm so tired of hearing hearing this crap. I heard it at ALG, now again. For those of you that believe it, wake up. And for those of you who still think we're in a position to strong arm management, ask our union brothers in the steel industry how well they did.

We did well in section 13, lets call it draw and move on. Otherwise we're F*cked.

For those of you that can't write an intelligent response, feel free to bring on the personal acts, it seems to be your only counter arguement.

PS Joe M. You've been right on, for a while now.

Good post jeger. You guys that were at ALG and PDT have seen this before. History has a way of repeating itself, and those who don't learn from it are doomed to repeat it. Having multiple pilot groups compete for flying within a brand will be a losing battle EVERY SINGLE TIME. If you don't like that, then simply put your head back in the sand and wait for your beloved ALPA to rescue you.

Bizjet said:
Looks like you were in the military. Did you not tell them you were a "Conscientious Objector" when you enlisted? How many white flags do you carry in your military flight bag?

Another cheap shot, but it doesn't surprise me anymore. If jeger is who I think he is, he is a great guy and we could use a lot more like him. He has been through this before at ALG and he is relating his previous experience there. ALG had one of two best contracts in the regional industry. PDT was the other. At the end of the day, that didn't mean squat as fellow "union brothers" underbid them, while their mainline "union brothers" hung them out to dry. The ALPAnistas turn around a take a cheap shot at his military service. That should raise caution flags right there!

JoeMerchant said:
Our net profit margin and net profits are nowhere near these numbers. Our net profit margin is roughly a third of what it was in 1998, and SKYW net profit margin numbers are going down year over year. If you combine this with the fact that we only have a profit if we win contracts with the majors we feed, and the fact that the current ALPA proposal would all but wipe out any profits we do make, can you start to see the problem?

You need to wake up to reality John, if I get banned for this so what, are you saying to give in to concessions? Do you not think Skywest decided where those airframes were going already? Yes Alpa has it's problems, time to get past that and deal with the problems facing you right now. You blaming Alpa for past mistakes and foul ups is not gonna fix anything right now is it? The pilot group needs to stand together and not let this Management that was specifically brought in under BL to do exactly what they are doing, Do you really think Scott and Charlie are at ASA for the long haul? Of course not. The ASA pilot group is the best by far, they have put up with a ton of ******************** over the past few years, and still have the most profitable regional (hate to use that term because there is nothing regional about ASA) in the business. Vote Yes to strike, I know it will be 99% in favor of.

And by the way, since several people have called you out as JB, if you were a man about things you would either confirm or deny either way and not let JB, if you are not , take the heat for your posts. And I am sure you know who JB is.

jehtplane said:
You need to wake up to reality John, if I get banned for this so what, are you saying to give in to concessions? Do you not think Skywest decided where those airframes were going already? Yes Alpa has it's problems, time to get past that and deal with the problems facing you right now. You blaming Alpa for past mistakes and foul ups is not gonna fix anything right now is it?

I need to wake up to reality????? YHGTBSM. I am fully aware of reality and it has just smacked some of you in the head. I figured this was going to happen and it is no surprise to me. Since SKYW bought us I have said Jerry is only going to play ball for so long and then is going to take is ball home. There isn't squat ALPA can do about it. You don't get it if you think this is simply about being mad at ALPA. ALPA is a total failure and in fact ALPA continues to make the problem WORSE. ALPA just signed an agreement at NWA that creates YET ANOTHER alter-ego regional WITH LOWER COSTS THAN OURS to fly up to 78 seats. I hate to break it to you, but a strike vote isn't going to fix anything either.

I don't want concessions at all. I want $150 dollars per hour and a two day work week. However reality and pattern bargaining are going to dictate payrates, not what you or I want. I'm sorry if that isn't the answer you want, but that is how it works in this business.

jehtplane said:
And by the way, since several people have called you out as JB, if you were a man about things you would either confirm or deny either way and not let JB, if you are not , take the heat for your posts. And I am sure you know who JB is.

I'm sorry, I didn't get YOUR name either. If you want to be "a man" about it then let me know who YOU are. I assure you I have no problem taking heat for my posts.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Ms Mega...you must have been such an OUTSTANDING pilot, that you flew right past the regionals and into a major cargo job. I hope not, but most likely! If this is the case, you know NOTHING about what we are talking about so go back to sleep!

Joe, GROW A PAIR or better yet QUIT!!!!!! We are tired of hearing your anti-alpa rhetoric. Just QUIT! Please!

This message is hidden because SuperKooter is on your ignore list.

79%N1 said:
I care, because......
A. If they take the SLC 700's and dont replace them, my 5-6 year upgrade turns into a 8-10 year upgrade.
B. When the SLC 700's leave, I will be bumped back to the 50 seater.....thus giving me the same dam# paycut the company is proposing I take anyway!!!!

And all you Junior 700 Captains will take a much bigger paycut when you get displaced to the 50 seater.
And you Junior 50 Captains will take a much bigger paycut when you go back to the freakin right seat!!! Enjoy the whiz wheel and weight and balance forms. See ya on the walk around. When will you guys see, we are way above those we are competing with on these 700's. Why is it a bluff of JA to say they will take them away? Then everyone gets a big paycut!

YOUR upgrade? Guess it's all about YOU. Sucks to be junior, sport... we were all there once. Should have put your app in sooner... etc.

jegermeister said:
If you ever served your country, then you could talk to me. Otherwise lets talk about something you know about.

That was one of the biggest f'in copouts I've ever seen!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back