ASA VP FLT OPs tries to scare the pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrjdriver said:
Also, it is said to many times that why take a cut when ASA is making so much money. The bulk of ASA flying is on the CR2 which pays less than industry standard. ALPA has recognized this and so has company which is great. But answer this: How can you adjust our mother load up to standard w/o also adjusting the CR7 while maintaining a profit margin?

[ SARCASM ALERT. ]

Cool. When they transfer all of Skywest's 50s over here, I'll make captain really quick!

After all, aren't we all about flying with the cheapest hourly rates?

:angryfireBlue...guys like atl and kooter are the ones that need to WAKE UP!! This is our time to make a stand! Give me the VOTE!! YES FOR ME!!!

I got a question for everybody.....If we have the some of the industry's lowest costs for 50 seat flying, then how come our stellar management hasn't been able to secure any new flying for us? Surely there's somebody out there who could use some cheap feed.

Perhaps management isn't that savvy? That's just my take on it though! Instead of going out and working to secure new multi-million dollar flying contracts, they're trying to nickle-and-dime the labor group. Great move guys.

Last edited:
:mad:That should show you yankee that they really don't care about our pilot group. They only care about themselves and NOT anyone else!!!

Tomct said:
:mad:That should show you yankee that they really don't care about our pilot group. They only care about themselves and NOT anyone else!!!

You need proof that a company doesn't care about their pilot group? No airline (except maybe SWA) gives a crap about their pilot group. That is a no brainer.

No pay cuts!!!!! I will vote NO and be glad to do something else if this place can't treat the pilots like professionals and not a liability!

The race to the bottom stops at ASA!

What balls it takes for a profitable company to ask the pilots to make a wage that can't even support a family.

In this situation, what do you do:
Option A; you plain and simply back up off her
Option B; you hit it just a little bit softer,
Option C; you take it out and put it in her .....

Last edited:
av8er2 said:
The race to the bottom stops at ASA!

Now that's funny.... The race will continue, with or without us.....

Medeco said:
This is insulting to ASA pilots and every pilot group out there.

Thanks to all the previous pilot groups who fell for the same crap and started this fall, and helped to create the current "market".

Including the NWA pilots who just agreed to fly 78 seaters for less than we are CURRENTLY flying 70 seaters for. Including the mainline pilots at USAir, United, and DAL who have started to undercut regional rates to "recapture" the flying. When you say they "fell for the same crap", you mean COMPETITION. Competition is a bitch and is largely incompatible with collective bargaining especially if members of the same union can compete with each other

Medeco said:
Thanks to our local ASA pilot named Joe Merchant/JB who fuels this fire and I am sure helped ASA management to shape the latest scare tactic, by posting so often on this and the ALPA webboards.

Thanks for the credit Medeco, but I didn't have anything to do with it. I don't like it anymore than you do, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can call it a scare tactic if it makes you feel better, I call it reality. If you want to find out who is flaiming the "competitive fire", look no further than ALPA. In the past 5 years, ALPA and APA scope are responsible for the creation of 5 more alter-ego carriers with lower costs than we currently have.

FL990 said:
I AGREE

13.1% profit margins...$85MIL+ profits

Our net profit margin and net profits are nowhere near these numbers. Our net profit margin is roughly a third of what it was in 1998, and SKYW net profit margin numbers are going down year over year. If you combine this with the fact that we only have a profit if we win contracts with the majors we feed, and the fact that the current ALPA proposal would all but wipe out any profits we do make, can you start to see the problem?

Latest resources

Back