• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA union recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say what you will about him, but you can't deny that he's a passionate pilot advocate and straight-shooter. And frankly, he's more intelligent than some of the guys we have right now.

I'd rather have a commuting Captain who has spent years on reserve as Chairman, than the current crop of desk-drivers who sign MOU's all day and say things like "when you're on reserve, the company 'owns' you" and "reserve pilots aren't a priority." His personality is the type we need when dealing with this management group.

Where's the 'like' button?

I think the way it works is, if you vote out the current LEC, you automatically are appointing WF as chairman and czar.

The members in good standing at the meeting may get to vote on a motion to recall. If it passes by simple majority, a ballot to recall will be sent out to all pilots in good standing in that council. If they are recalled, an interim rep is appointed by the MEC until a permanent one can finish the term after being elected by the members in good standing of said council.

The Palm will be going to the meeting in combat fatigues and his entrance may or may not include a tactical combat roll with flash bangs and tear gas. Just some stuff he learned courtesy of your tax $$$.

Wow, Arab Spring has reached the ATL. So after you oust your LEC then what? Vote in some fresh talent to get spooled up in the middle of a merger and negotiations? Must be pretty bad. Isn't Will in DTW now anyway? This has cluster ******************** written all over it.

We should have done this a year ago. We need to do it now...not in another year.

These guys have IGNORED the concerns and goals of the pilot group. They will not pursue holding the company accountable for contract violations. They DO NOT represent most of the pilots at this airline. They are very self serving. It seems all about keeping their cushy jobs NOT flying the contract they crammed down our throats and misrepresented at the roadshows.

Our QOL has been cut in HALF during their reign. There has been virtually NO communication from them and if criticized the response is "call your rep" Yeah 1700 phone calls to reps is the most efficient method we can muster. All while they got raises and free lunch.

I'm sorry...I am tired of it. Even if we throw the baby out with the bathwater. These clowns need to get the boot.

Bob Arnold was in a completely different class.

I don't believe Faruzzi would be corrupted like these guys.

Last edited:
^^^^
Agree with Coopervane.
Some say it's crazy to toss out the reps during negotiations.
Others say we damm well better do it before it's too late.
The majority seem to favor the latter, as do I.
This is something which should have happened long ago.
Mid-negotiations or not, whatever happens following the ouster will most likely
be more favorable than the alternative.
I for one, have zero confidence in the current lot with their hush-hush, secretive behind closed doors maneuvering.

The members in good standing at the meeting may get to vote on a motion to recall. If it passes by simple majority, a ballot to recall will be sent out to all pilots in good standing in that council. If they are recalled, an interim rep is appointed by the MEC until a permanent one can finish the term after being elected by the members in good standing of said council.

If the motion passes I assume both parties will present their facts to the pilot group for consideration before the recall vote (Is this correct?) AND if so, why in the world wouldn't we want to hear the facts?
Assuming this is correct, every effort should be made to pass the motion including mass distribution of proxies.
Let's hear the arguments from both sides.

If the motion passes I assume both parties will present their facts to the pilot group for consideration before the recall vote (Is this correct?) AND if so, why in the world wouldn't we want to hear the facts?
Assuming this is correct, every effort should be made to pass the motion including mass distribution of proxies.
Let's hear the arguments from both sides.

I think that Roberts rules have discussion happen before a motion is voted on. This is assuming there is a first and second of the motion.

On a serious note,
1) what happens if we recall the four?

2)Does that prompt a new election?

3)Timeline for that to happen?

4) When will new LEC be able to elect new MEC?

This is what I am concerned about. Our current guys have (as a whole) done a TERRIBLE job. But there are worse people who could replace them (no kidding.) We need to be very careful with who would take these positions. We need some people who won't screw it up even worse.

BTW- What ever happened to that Red Arrow grievance (after like 4 years?)

Latest resources

Back