ASA union looses Continental flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Skywest SAPA President came out with an email today saying vote no to a union because it hinders an airline from getting additional flying. He says that ASA was suppose to get 35 plus airplanes to fly for Continental but the contract talks and threat of a strike caused them to go elsewhere. Seems like more scare tactics.

Skywest SAPA President came out with an email today saying vote no to a union because it hinders an airline from getting additional flying. He says that ASA was suppose to get 35 plus airplanes to fly for Continental but the contract talks and threat of a strike caused them to go elsewhere. Seems like more scare tactics.

What ya mean "seems like"??? This kinda bull$hit comes out every time we have a union drive!

WHAT...Jerry wouldn't do THAAAT!:rolleyes: Man I hope that you guys see this coming! WATCH OUT!!! And oh by the way....they could have settled this contract over more than a year ago, but they were dragging their feet trying to "Beat Us" and show all the skywsters what will happen IF you vote in a Union. Jerry is a POS!! Nothing but a lying B@STARD!

It is more scare tactics. ASA (read Skywest management) voluntarily withdrew their bid for that flying because they thought they would face staffing issues.

SAPA President saying "Vote no to ALPA" is about like a bum on the street saying, "Vote no to the anti-panhandling law". I think the SAPA guys are realizing that their cushy gig is about over and are grasping at any straw to try and save it.

SKW guys and gals.... you already have plenty of flying. Secure adequate representation first. Then, and only then, negotiate a contract that is not only fair to you but that allows SKW to competitively bid for new opportunities.

The SAPA guys have their own best interests at heart. Right now they are in a very comfortable position... cozy with management and negotiating for your "best interests" (How many weekends have your SAPA guys spent at JA's lake house? How many management "bonuses" have the been paid? How many times have they sold you down the river to make sure they stay in St. George's good graces???)

Honestly, I have no dog in this fight. ASA and SKW are never going to integrate, the way that I see it. We have a TA. It's most likely going to pass (my opinion). Airplanes will come our way when it does. ASA will be fine.

However, It absolutely kills me to watch you guys buy this BS time and time again. How many promises do they have to break? How many times do you have to "deal Brad an ace" just so he can go back on his word? How many pilots do they have to fire for truly acting as "PIC" (D.D.)? When is enough enough? I want you guys on board. Please do yourself an enormous favor and vote "yes". SAPA is wonderful for the anointed few who are in St. George's good graces. Who's looking out for the rest of you??????

Vote yes to ALPA for your own sakes, not for my sake. I'm out of this ASA/SKW/Delta mess in a month or so. Please, guys, do it for yourselves.

It is more scare tactics. ASA (read Skywest management) voluntarily withdrew their bid for that flying because they thought they would face staffing issues.

SAPA President saying "Vote no to ALPA" is about like a bum on the street saying, "Vote no to the anti-panhandling law". I think the SAPA guys are realizing that their cushy gig is about over and are grasping at any straw to try and save it.

SKW guys and gals.... you already have plenty of flying. Secure adequate representation first. Then, and only then, negotiate a contract that is not only fair to you but that allows SKW to competitively bid for new opportunities.

The SAPA guys have their own best interests at heart. Right now they are in a very comfortable position... cozy with management and negotiating for your "best interests" (How many weekends have your SAPA guys spent at JA's lake house? How many management "bonuses" have the been paid? How many times have they sold you down the river to make sure they stay in St. George's good graces???)

Honestly, I have no dog in this fight. ASA and SKW are never going to integrate, the way that I see it. We have a TA. It's most likely going to pass (my opinion). Airplanes will come our way when it does. ASA will be fine.

However, It absolutely kills me to watch you guys buy this BS time and time again. How many promises do they have to break? How many times do you have to "deal Brad an ace" just so he can go back on his word? How many pilots do they have to fire for truly acting as "PIC" (D.D.)? When is enough enough? I want you guys on board. Please do yourself an enormous favor and vote "yes". SAPA is wonderful for the anointed few who are in St. George's good graces. Who's looking out for the rest of you??????

Vote yes to ALPA for your own sakes, not for my sake. I'm out of this ASA/SKW/Delta mess in a month or so. Please, guys, do it for yourselves.

Great Post Fmrfreight. Where you headed? DAL, AT or JB? Good Luck!

I remember when the CHQ CEO announced to the entire company that the deal with United was lost due to contract talks and the threat of a strike.

This tactic can be found on page 1 of the FUD playbook. If your representative pilots are telling you this it speaks volumes as to where their loyalties lie.

Last edited:
Is this the flying that CHQ won?

If so, we're union .............

What's his point?

Is this the flying that CHQ won?

If so, we're union .............

What's his point?
His point was that ASA was in drawn out negotiations and nearing a strike, which scared off the new flying...

I like the part about how he said they wanted to give ASA new hires a raise to $23/hr so people would want to come work there. Great. And they gave the first year FO's at skyw a 23 CENT an hour raise when we can't staff our own airline. Glad they're looking out for us though... :rolleyes:

I'm still undecided in this deal, but the more emails and letters I get from management and SAPA, the closer I come to a yes vote.

There is NO REASON why we should have got the shaft on our "pay raise" last year, while ASA get's handed a raise to exceed skyw across the board, plus cola, etc,,, etc,,,

I was listening to a SkyWest, Inc. conference call where it was stated that they did not bid on the Continental flying due to the short 2 year duration. They thought the risks for taking on the flying outweighed the benefits. Nowhere in the call did they mention anything about ASA.

Funny how the story changes when they feel like they can use it to their advantage.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back