Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EatinRamen said:
My $.02

Flight crews should have priority over anyone else. We fly the planes, and most of us use our travel benefits for commuting, while other staff uses it for pleasure travel. It should go something like this:

Carrier flight crews, other carrier flight crews, then everyone else.
When commuting for work, yes. When traveling for leisure, absolutely not.

The announcement will come only after Delta collects $50 from every ASA employee.

That's another exec's bonus!

If they made the S3C-on-all-flights-and-bumped-by-S3-mainline-on-ASA-flights announcement today, hundreds of ASA workers would refuse the $50 flight card "fee"."

But it's coming.....pay your non-refundable $50 to Delta and enjoy about 1 week of flight privileges before they're yanked.

It's true the $50.00 flight card fee is in the works at Delta [for all Delta/Connection employees]. Whether it becomes a reality or not is yet to be seen [I'll believe it when I see it on the ramp kinda thing].

It is also true Delta has gone to ALL of it's Connection carriers and asked for S3 mainline, S3C Connection on their "Connection" flights. I'm told there is at least one carrier that accepted those terms [don't know which one], SkyWest Airlines turned the offer down. Delta is still attempting to negotiate it however.

The $50 fee was announced like a month ago. Basically when your anniversary date comes around, you pay $50 for the whole year. That's for everybody I believe, NOT a $50 charge per pass rider. Also, buddy pass rates went up a bit.

Get with the times boys! Also we still have much better travel benefits than probably any other airline. I know United and I believe American charge per trip fees if you nonrev. I think it's only $10-20 per leg but still... $50/ year is pretty cheap. And yes I know, free was better.

I'll gladly pay $10-$20 per leg. I just don't want to lose S2's and/or T/O privleges

enuffalready said:
So anyone on here think it is right for a new hire delta guy to have seniority over a 20 year ASA guy off an ASA flight to columbus, mississippi? or gainesville, florida?

Well if the flight is being paid for with Delta money, I have no problem with Delta employees getting first crack at the empty seats.

FDJ2 said:
Well if the flight is being paid for with Delta money, I have no problem with Delta employees getting first crack at the empty seats.

Fortunately, you won't be making that decision.

Latest resources

Back