• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Travel Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I hear from very reliable sources is that ASA management will continue to get S2/S3 (along with a supply of S1, as they secretly have now) while everyone else will be bumped to S3C.

Supposedly, the Skywest deal included various options as to how flight benefits would be structured going forward, with their costs already determined before the deal was finalised. There are no "ongoing negotiations" as they would have us believe.

We continue our S2/S3 benefits now, at company expense, only because the immediate cost of massive attrition far outweighs the short-term cost of the higher flight priorities.

As soon as the shrinkage of our flight schedule will allow for massive attrition, they will change our flight benefits immediately. Not "July 1, 2006", as the unofficial info leak has us believing. In fact, that is a clever tactical maneuver to shrink the workforce without layoffs/furloughs: disgruntled employees leave while satisfied workers stay.

Last edited:
atlcrashpad said:
Just noticed on Travelnet under my account, they've added another column S3C. It's coming....

I don't know about everyone else, but I've always had an S3c column, I used to check it when I non-revved on SKW and ACA.

Never noticed before

wms said:
I don't know about everyone else, but I've always had an S3c column, I used to check it when I non-revved on SKW and ACA.

WMS,

I've never noticed it before. But I really never looked that section in detail before. I've been on MIL Leave since Jun 04 and been to Iraq and back since. I've had no real need to look until recently. It could have always been there and I've never noticed. I'll be the first to admit I never really looked, so if it appears I'm a "Doomsayer", I never intended it.

Travel Benefits

20 more days left until the 90 day "stays the same" benefits run out. There still is no word, except the "Good Ole" rumor mill.

BL and the rest of ASA "Mis Management" must be doing x-mas shopping instead of ironing out the details.. oh, I bet that's already done. They are just waiting until the last minute to say "Surprse, Screw you guys".

I 'll bet he and the rest of his VeePees get special DAL passes, so who cares about the "Working" class. Yeah, I'm pissed. I know this is already worked out, they don't know how to, or not willing to tell how we are "Getting it broken off in our a$$".

Tell us already.

SSDD is correct!

Why would you get lower priority on your own flights than Skywest and Chautauqua have on theirs?. You will be S3's on your flights and S3C's on everybody else's. DL people will continue to be S3's on their flights and S3C's on the connection carriers.

Delta has owned the seats on Skywest and Crappytaco for a while. Their employees have priority over other employees on their specific aircraft. ASA has always flown at a less priority than SkyWest's freinds and familly (S4B) even though Delta owned the seats. I know, this happened to me several times and there was nothing I could do about it. I seriously doubt that this will change. What we will lose is our S2 and S3 passes on mainline.

But you never know!

I've never noticed it before. But I really never looked that section in detail before. I've been on MIL Leave since Jun 04 and been to Iraq and back since. I've had no real need to look until recently. It could have always been there and I've never noticed. I'll be the first to admit I never really looked, so if it appears I'm a "Doomsayer", I never intended it.

So, are you trying to tell us that you never noticed?;)

Check your PM!

atlcrashpad said:
Palmetto Pilot,

I agree do not take it out on the pilot. The company is at fault not the pilot.

No, it's the pilots. This was in the "Roar from 44":

"I wonder if our former "wholly owned subsidiary" is going to retain date-of-hire passes and continue to bump hard-working Delta folks off their own airplanes?"

Real cute, huh? Thanks "DALPA". With friends like these, who needs enemies?

IOW, the Delta pilots pushed for this and got it.

ifly4food said:
No, it's the pilots. This was in the "Roar from 44":

"I wonder if our former "wholly owned subsidiary" is going to retain date-of-hire passes and continue to bump hard-working Delta folks off their own airplanes?"

Real cute, huh? Thanks "DALPA". With friends like these, who needs enemies?

IOW, the Delta pilots pushed for this and got it.

I responded to this under the "roar 44 thread."

If you're no longer a wholly owned subsidiary, then sorry to say, but the time has come to lose those "date of hire" pass priveliges! BTW, nobody tried to push for you to "lose your flight benefits," but just the DOH!

jetstream said:
How bout we respond by consistently denying the jumpseat to mainline.
"Sorry buddy, we're overweight."

You most definately don't commute. Let's not start any jumpseat wars. Past history has shown that NOBODY wins in a jumpseat war!

Last edited:
Read carefully...

What's the latest on our flight privileges?

Back in September, we told you that we had a 90-day window during which our travel privileges would remain unchanged. I know everyone is watching the Dec. 8 date closely – in fact, I’m getting countdown reminders pretty frequently these days. This issue is still at the top of our priority list, and as we continue our negotiations, I ask that you be patient.
I know everyone wants to have a final decision, but as I mentioned recently in our front-line meetings, each day that goes by gives us an opportunity to build a better pass travel package for you. Rest assured as soon as our discussions are complete and the details finalized, we will share this information with everyone. But until we make an official announcement – even if it's after Dec. 8 – your travel privileges will continue unchanged.
Answered by Bryan LaBrecque – President and COO

-->Obviously crafted with one goal:

To stem the tide of attrition/sick calls which would be happening right now if people knew the truth.

With whom are they "negotiating"?? Delta? The sale is final, the details are set. They just haven't told us.

Latest resources

Back