• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disappointing...I know Scott about as personally as you do: He's my boss's boss. Let's not 'misrepresent' that he and I share a special bond, or, alternatively, that I do not respect him for the work he does at our airline. Scott has his role to play at ASA; he is very good at what he does.

No inflamation necessary: It was a terrible way for a supervisor to address an employee group. It was counter-productive and likely served to decrease the productivity of the pilot group. He is aware of my, and many other pilots', feelings on this matter.

It's telling that this is the point that you chose to address. Nothing more substantive in my post that you care to respond to?

I apologize. It's not worth an argument.

Last edited:
When the dust finally settles, I think many of you will find the Skywest/ASA management team to be very acceptable. All management teams encounter operational and organizational challenges. When evaluated honestly and objectively , using profitability and viabilty as metrics, their performance is quite good in this difficult environment. Attempting to beat them down with ill placed, tired rhetoric will not achieve much of anything. By all means we must negotiate for fair QOL and compensation, but don't expect them to give away the farm; particularly when the farm isn't producing much in the current drought conditions. I encourage anyone who has questions about operational issues to simply ask SH or BH for clarification. They have answered every question I have ever asked.

What do you think your doing mister, coming on here and bringing light to these whining idiots!
Back to the clueless rants and raves immediately, I say!!!

I was on ASA's negotiating committee for contract '98. I attended the George Meany negotiating training. What experience do you have besides buying cars and such?

Typical that you resort ad hominem arguments rather than respond to my point.

Since I helped negotiate contract '98, the net profit margin of ASA has gone from around 15% to near 0. Since then, the economics of the 50 seater have gone from good to nobody can get rid of them fast enough. I don't need a lecture from you. You don't even want ASA/XJT to really survive. You think if we go away, mainline will take over all this flying and you will magically become a "real pilot"....I hate to break it to you, but if we go away, it won't be mainline that takes over our flying..

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Yes, I do want brand scope. But if it means I'm out of a job because of it, so be it. In any case, I'm not married to this career. If I lose my job, I'll be just fine either way. I certainly don't lose sleep over any of this.

I was on ASA's negotiating committee for contract '98. I attended the George Meany negotiating training. What experience do you have besides buying cars and such?

Since I helped negotiate contract '98, the net profit margin of ASA has gone from around 15% to near 0. Since then, the economics of the 50 seater have gone from good to nobody can get rid of them fast enough. I don't need a lecture from you. You don't even want ASA/XJT to really survive. You think if we go away, mainline will take over all this flying and you will magically become a "real pilot"....I hate to break it to you, but if we go away, it won't be mainline that takes over our flying..

What type of management team negotiates a near 0 profit margin. If Delta want's the cheapest scumbag bidder no matter what then ASA can not survive.

The problem was Delta's insistance that ASA be the "second lowest cost" airline among DCI carriers. That is a level of insanity that I cannot comprehend, but it was real. Now the rates have been reset to that level, and ASA cannot profit! It will probably be the end of ASA in the medium to long term unless things change.

My difficulty with this stipulation is that it makes no sense. If ASA was slated to be the second lowest cost, then who was told they had to maintain the lowest costs, the third lowest, the fourth lowest, fifth lowest and who gets to be the 'highest cost' carrier??? Can you imagine? 'Hey, we demand that your costs are highest among all our partners'? Yeah, right. What a farce. The whole thing reeks of extortion, but here we are, and it doesn't matter how we got here!

That is what Skywest and Delta agreed upon when the deal was done. There was, no we have to be the second lowest. It was going to be regardless of how cheap we would try to be. How could we be cheaper than Pinnacle or Mesa. Remember they came into the fold after the deal was done. Were we supposed to compete with that crap. People are stuck right now it will get better though. Mr. Joe, I hate to call a spade a spade, but you are a self-centered sellout. No difference in you and a senior Delta dude giving up scope, just different places in life.

That is what Skywest and Delta agreed upon when the deal was done. There was, no we have to be the second lowest. It was going to be regardless of how cheap we would try to be. How could we be cheaper than Pinnacle or Mesa. Remember they came into the fold after the deal was done. Were we supposed to compete with that crap. People are stuck right now it will get better though. Mr. Joe, I hate to call a spade a spade, but you are a self-centered sellout. No difference in you and a senior Delta dude giving up scope, just different places in life.

not sure how he is a self centered sell out? he didn't negotiate this retarded 2nd lowest bidder nonsense.

where it gets frustrating is that somehow its the pilots fault for all these rise in costs.... the only thing we can do is show up and attempt to fly broken airplanes on time... that's it. The UTAH palace knew full well that merging a full 50 seat operation of different aircraft and a fairly militant group of expressjet pilots was going to be very expensive. That is one of the reasons they put it on ASA instead of skywest. now they can poo poo all this as ASA fault and ASA needs to get their act together, then when it is all said and done, skywest gets the credit while ASA takes it in the nutz

When the dust finally settles, I think many of you will find the Skywest/ASA management team to be very acceptable. All management teams encounter operational and organizational challenges. When evaluated honestly and objectively , using profitability and viabilty as metrics, their performance is quite good in this difficult environment. Attempting to beat them down with ill placed, tired rhetoric will not achieve much of anything. By all means we must negotiate for fair QOL and compensation, but don't expect them to give away the farm; particularly when the farm isn't producing much in the current drought conditions. I encourage anyone who has questions about operational issues to simply ask SH or BH for clarification. They have answered every question I have ever asked.
You sir are too dumb for air. This deferral process, scheduling nonsense is coming from on high, SGU directs this crap from Mecca. While you try so hard in your limited Labrador intellect to "understand" this process logically SGU pulls the sweater over your head and kicks you in the junk, just like they have been doing to SKYW Airlines pilots for the last 10 years. You are run and managed by bean counters, it they will make/keep money coming in by canceling a flight vs running the entire A/C line late they will do so, they have a different picture than we do, they will do anything to keep the cash flow in place. It isn't about flying planes, or moving passengers its about money. DAL cares about moving pax, pilots care about flying planes and INC cares about money, all 3 have different concerns and priorities. You keep worrying about the company, then you will be in the same leaky rowboat as the SKYW Airlines pilots.
PBR

You sir are too dumb for air. This deferral process, scheduling nonsense is coming from on high, SGU directs this crap from Mecca. While you try so hard in your limited Labrador intellect to "understand" this process logically SGU pulls the sweater over your head and kicks you in the junk, just like they have been doing to SKYW Airlines pilots for the last 10 years. You are run and managed by bean counters, it they will make/keep money coming in by canceling a flight vs running the entire A/C line late they will do so, they have a different picture than we do, they will do anything to keep the cash flow in place. It isn't about flying planes, or moving passengers its about money. DAL cares about moving pax, pilots care about flying planes and INC cares about money, all 3 have different concerns and priorities. You keep worrying about the company, then you will be in the same leaky rowboat as the SKYW Airlines pilots.
PBR
I suppose your silly little insults would bother me if I repected you or your opinions, but since I don't respect you in any way, I will disregard your stupid ramblings. On a side note, your post is really idiotic. I am convinced that you know absolutely nothing about market based economies, professional management, or the basic realites of life on planet earth. Your viewpoint is polluted with anger, which prevents an objective analysis of anything. Furthermore, you can kiss my ass. You are a cowardly little bitch...

Last edited:
Are there REAL cherries in McDonalds cherry shake or is it artificial?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back