ASA to take 7 Comair aircraft a month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another story from the horse's mouth

The palm was in D concourse some time back bragging about getting his 73 type rating for 3500.00. Another captain called him on it and believe it or not he backtracked and said it only cost him that much because his dad paid half!

Another story from years ago. He bought an Aztec that was doing some drug running at a government auction for no money at all. Something like (10,000). Well in the back of the airplane was a new set of radios that he got for free. Wow this guy sure is lucky!

I guess I'll play too.
1. While waiting to get on a Delta flight in DFW a few years ago with the wife, RP comes up and with no regard for personal space whatsoever, begins to spout off on the "pending re-opening of the DFW hub". Well, my wife...not knowing the tool...gets all excited. "Will you be able to hold DFW...no more commute...better travel..." etc. Since she was on an S2 (when we still had those gems) she got a much nicer seat than me and borded first. After takeoff, when the seatbelt sign went off, I unstraped my seatbelt, walked forward and wispered in her ear..."remember the story of the guy with the finger gun?" She nodded. "That's him" I said...she visibly deflated.

Story 2
While on a DCA overnite, my F/O and I went to Arlington to look up his grandfather who was buried there. (dead of course). The F/O had been there the previous month but had run out of time before finding the grave. Anyway, we found it and then looked at several other famous sites before making our way to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. (Very cool if you've never been)
Anyway, after watching the changing of the guard and getting poured on by very heavy rain, we make our way back to the metro. While walking, he tells me that his capt had gotten to lay a wreath at the tomb many years ago. Story goes that the capt (as a teen) was at Arlington in his CAP uniform and was picked out of the crowd to lay the wreath with President Regan as the official guy had not shown up.

Coolest thing I had ever heard...and then later, upon reflection I had to ask..."where you flying with RP by any chance?" "Yeah, why" was the response...

who knew we had such a legend at ASA...well, RP knows and he is spreading the word.

ka

keep this going, it's much better than usual threads.

It's this type of thread that turns my stomach. Some people are different, and you can talk about them in the privacy of your friends. But this vicious public ridiculing of one person reminds me of how middle school kids behave. Not very professional at all.

It's this type of thread that turns my stomach. Some people are different, and you can talk about them in the privacy of your friends. But this vicious public ridiculing of one person reminds me of how middle school kids behave. Not very professional at all.

"Is that you, RP?"

I disagree whole heartedly. No one here is saying anything on the web that they wouldn't say to RP's face. He keeps opening his mouth after getting called on his "experiences". If he's going to play, so am I.

Keep in mind, this is the same guy who blew over a baggage cart in ROA with jetblast just because he was given a 30 minute groundstop and was annoyed. I'll even use capital letters for this next statement. HE IS DANGEROUS

Now, if you'd like to pm, im, or even e-mail me for more details, go right ahead. The stories listed are the funny ones...there are other, less funny stories that I can tell.

ka

RP's motto: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Gotta say i was proud of him for demanding that the van driver ditch the BloJet crew at the hotel in TUL when they were supposed to ride with us to the airport. He could do that because he was a former Tulsa Chief of Police/SWAT Team commander, Lt. Governor of Oklahoma, and his wife was the real life inspiration for the X-Files' Agent Scully.

Fake rug head........What's happenin'????????

Glad you could join us. Nothing like a name of B.T. Justice and comments that shadow yourself to give yourself away.

Since you're the real Palm, give some of your own stories.

Please??????

Heh I think 10nCLR likes the Kool Aid more than Rumrunnr!! Wow thats impressive! Bottoms up you guys!

"Cheers" - CRJCA

Buford T. Justice...GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry.

Buford T. Justice...GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry.
"That reminds me, when we get home I'm gonna punch yo momma in the mouth"!

"There is no way, no way, you could come from my loins"!!!

Latest resources

Back