• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to still furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plus I like seeing where the RONs are and for how long. Mainly so I know where I will be drinking and how long I have to recover
You can specify where you will (or will not) have overnights and for how long. Of course, the more restrictive you make your criteria, the less likely you will get what you ask for.

That's exactly my concern. One of my last vacations I had bid Sun-Wed 4 days and to drop all conflicting. I had 17 days off in a row with 21 total for the month. I am not convinced that this possible with PBS.

Maybe not--but what did your schedule look like the other 11 months of the year?

Hey committee, can we accomplish a PBS that:

1) Doesn't cause an immediate to near term need to furlough pilots at ASA. What I mean is, can it be structured so that future attrition can decrease, if necessary, the pilot ranks at ASA? This, versus we get PBS on Monday, and have pink slips for some on Friday...

2) Doesn't cause an immediate reduction in QOL? As in, we get PBS and find that the average time away from work is decreased, or, if held the same, results in a decrease in pay.

3) Is transparent enough so that there will be no question on the awards as to which seniority can hold what schedule? I fear that a PBS that system that awards a senior guy working Christmas while a junior guy gets the holiday off, with no way to research why that happened, and then, correct it with regards to seniority.

Can we do this?
\

Vote For Pedro......and he will make all your dreams come true!

Latest resources

Back