ASA to do a "redeye" yuck!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GreatView said:
This is because you guys cave in to a completely B.S. contract. You don't deserve to bitch because YOU voted in that crappy contract....

True very true!

Isnt the Mesa contract due for negotiations in the spring? I really hope you guys can get some changes, nobody deserves work conditions like that. Someone should call 60 Minutes and have them do a story on that.

Flyby1206 said:
Isnt the Mesa contract due for negotiations in the spring? I really hope you guys can get some changes, nobody deserves work conditions like that. Someone should call 60 Minutes and have them do a story on that.

Next year, sometime.

I'm taking pictures of different crews sleeping in the jetways, the planes, the concourses in various stages of dishevelment and undress.

Should look nice on the picket posters for the nightly news crews to ask about.

sweptback said:
It can't be a nap because there is not 5 hours scheduled between flights. There is a settlement agreement (I believe) pertaining to backside of the clock flying that will most likely govern this.

I think the 5 hours refers to getting a hotel room. At ORF for the time change the flight was a nap on the ground for 4 hours and the crew did not get a room because it was less than 5 hours. I think BSOC trips have to finish before a curtain time in the am.

wms said:
I think the 5 hours refers to getting a hotel room. At ORF for the time change the flight was a nap on the ground for 4 hours and the crew did not get a room because it was less than 5 hours. I think BSOC trips have to finish before a curtain time in the am.

Naps have to be scheduled for at least 5 hours break. The following is from the contract.

There is at least a five (5) hour scheduled or rescheduled break, from block in to block out, between two of the legs;

regionalcap said:
Naps have to be scheduled for at least 5 hours break. The following is from the contract.

There is at least a five (5) hour scheduled or rescheduled break, from block in to block out, between two of the legs;

This type of flying is governed by a settlement agreement that superceedes the current contract. Take a look at the SA for "Back Side of the Clock Flying". What they are proposing is legal.

Latest resources

Back