ASA-- Take a Hike Willie-- It's confirmed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sXeflyer said:
The trips look great in march for the 200, but the average block is around 75-78 hours. WTF! Some of us actually want to fly more than guarantee.

Some of us at the bottom of the list who are only flying single digit numbers every month would like to fly too. We would also like a schedule. And on top of that the company can save money by flying everyone up to 75 hours rather than flying some over 75 hours and others none. So do you think you could spare a few hours and let others get garrentee also? Or at least get lines? If you do the math you can create more lines at 75 hours each than you can at 85 hours each.

cry me a river

fsworld said:
Some of us at the bottom of the list who are only flying single digit numbers every month would like to fly too. We would also like a schedule. And on top of that the company can save money by flying everyone up to 75 hours rather than flying some over 75 hours and others none. So do you think you could spare a few hours and let others get garrentee also? Or at least get lines? If you do the math you can create more lines at 75 hours each than you can at 85 hours each.

Eat a fat one fsworld! some of us on the bottom! wah, you'll do what,4 months on reserve. Suck it up. I spent 2.5 YEARS on reserve when I was hired there. Pay your dues, and you will EVENTUALLY be rewarded. And that is in no way an alpa dig.

fsworld said:

Yeah, you'll be eating those words one day when you're holding a hard line that's only worth 78 hours.

Easy Kiddies

Take it easy there kids. No reason to jump all over the new guy building the lines just yet. More lines built closer to 75-80 hours are a pretty decent compromise. Those line holders that want more time, pick it up. Doesn't sound like there'll be a whole lot of 30/7 type conflicts with a line like that. Those on reserve that are close to a line and want a line, better chance of getting one with more out there. The company wants to utilize the pilot force it's already paying at least 75 hours, so this stategy works for them too. Those that are on reserve towards the bottom and want a line....sucks to be you, but we've all been there. I suggest taking up a new hobby.
I seem to remember not too long ago the look on a mainline jumpseater's face when we told him how many hours we averaged per month just to pay the rent and feed our families (both Captain and I were in the mid-high 90's). He had just finished bitching about how he'd flown "almost 70 hours last month" as though it was a crime against humanity for the company to work him that much. It's all perspective, and just remember, if you can't see the silver lining, try looking at it from a different angle.

-Blucher

fsworld said:
Are you at least holding a good line (making garrentee) in the FSWORLD?

No im not, i suck at FSWorld (figure Skating) but I love watching it on tv. I cant wait for the olympics!

IFlyFL410 said:
Yeah, you'll be eating those words one day when you're holding a hard line that's only worth 78 hours.

Yea, especially when your a 4-5 year FO with a family and mortgage and you need 85-90 hours of FO pay(and a second job) just to make ends meet!

its very hard to please all 1700 of us...as long as the trips make sense...and the lines are workable then its all good. Initial open time was made to pick up time right? as far as being on the bottom...it sucks but guess what??? WE ALL WERE THERE...I remember being on the bottom last year at this time and honestly being worked to death. They drove us reserves to the ground...yeah sure its nice to fly 90 hours a month but not when scheduling controls all 90 of your hours. reserve sucks weather you fly or not...trust me...1.5 years of reserve on the left seat and all 1.5 sucked weather I flew or not.

I absolutely detest the attitudes of those of us who believe in paying dues. I am sorry, nobody needs to pay dues (except ALPA members). This is just one more way that we pilots make our lives miserable without management's help. Seniority just means your a$$ walked in the door before someone else's and that your a$$ will walk out the door after the junior folks during bankruptcy. There is nothing wrong with wanting a better schedule ya darn hippocrite!

And don't bother flaming me as a junior guy. I have enough years to be considered "senior" since seniority is all relative anyway.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back