ASA-- Take a Hike Willie-- It's confirmed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sXeflyer said:
The trips look great in march for the 200, but the average block is around 75-78 hours. WTF! Some of us actually want to fly more than guarantee.

Some people you can never make happy. You are one of them.

Common Sense!!!!

This coming from a guy that has no scheduling experience, but has common sense to see things like that.

Anyone with common sense could have figured that fiasco out. Willie asked me a couple of times when I questioned him about the way he did business concerning scheduling reserves to let him know if I could do it better. I said hell yes, so me and an ex Trans States scheduler came up with a spread sheet (we were on perpetual reserves) that would handle his reserve system. It would be totally automatic. He said no way, it wouldn't work. I realized that he didn't want any system that he had to be held accountable for. He was always nice to me, but he was incompetent. Now, if we could also get rid of GG, things may continue to improve!:smash:

Gary did get moved to manager of labor relations. Something like that.

A rose by any other name

GO AROUND said:
Gary did get moved to manager of labor relations. Something like that.

You are correct, however, they've changed it to "people relations." We wouldn't want to offend anyone by actually admitting who does the labor around here. Sort of like calling them "management," when what they should really be called is "mis-management." Words change people's perception and therefore can become dangerous. The more simple the language, the more truth you're getting. Much of the "work" they seem to do over at the GO involves simply coming up with new titles and wording for stuff that's always been there, just under a different name.

-Blucher

-Blucher

Be careful about getting too excited. Gary is now the head of labor relations. In a nutshell, that means he's the guy sitting across the table during contract negotiations and greivance hearings. I don't imagine he's going to be particularly "user friendly" there. In a nutshell, he's now Thibadeux and Randy Martin rolled into one.

He hated us then, He'll hate us now!

You are correct, however, they've changed it to "people relations."

Well for Gary, that is an oxymoron! If they put him in there, that means grievances or human resource issues will be difficult at best to get through. Remember, they put individuals in this position far a reason. It is unequivocally not to make things work better when there are problems with personnel issues. He is there to determine punitive actions when the company is pursuing such actions. Good luck to us all!

Tim47SIP said:
Remember, they put individuals in this position far a reason. quote]

Not neccessarily Tim. Some have been 'demoted' by being promoted, and place in areas (corners?) of the company never to be heard from again. Remember that guy that was ATL Airport Director? See, I can't even recall his name! He's at the G/O and we never hear about him.

Hell, even old Walt has a new job, and we never see him! Just kidding there, Walt's in charge of Lisa Walker's coffee pot now, and I do see him occasionally cruising the hallways with coffee cup in hand, three cell phones hanging from his belt, and a walkie talkie that he talks into but receives nothing! Maybe someone will tell Walt that the batteries are dead someday.

Hoser

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back