ASA-- Take a Hike Willie-- It's confirmed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PalmettoPilot

Anyone seen FLICA yet? Message from VP Flt Ops says Willie is "moving on to other duties in the company" The guy replacing him is apparently a 200 FO.

My 2 questions...
What are Willie's "other duties"... is he now head of labor negotiations or should I expect to see him holding orange wands on the ramp in an ice storm?

Who is this FO? Did he come off the seniority list?

The FO that is taking over for Willie is a good guy. He was originally on the ATR, and then went to the GO as a process engineer. I flew with him several times before he went over there, and I am convinced that as long as no one forces him to make bad lines he will do a good job for us.

I hope you're right. Although, it probably will not be until April til we see any changes,since the lines for March have probably already been built.

The lines for March are on the MYASA site...Flt ops/crew scheduling/pilot bid packages. A little bit better. I bet April will be better as well.

I flew with Watts also...I was very happy to see the change over. Watts also helped design some parts of the "New C" which of course is on hold now.

SKW still wants to get the cost for the upgrades down more and they are having trouble doing it. They want it around 200 mil and they are around 250 mil.

Was talking to a CP the other day and he had nothing but good things to say about Engberg the new sched. guy. Said he has been knocking heads and attitudes in scheduling. Even got rid of Dottie and Hackett's offices by taking down the top part of their cubicles so everyone else can see that they are'nt doing anything. He has addressed all those RIF complaints by pilots about schedulers that Willie had shoved in a corner. Also said he sends proactive emails to the CP's about scheduling screw ups. I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw one. He seems to have a level head and realized that noone in scheduling really had know idea how to properly utilize our pilots. This coming from a guy that has no scheduling experience, but has common sense to see things like that.

We'll see how long it takes for him to be corrupted or if he can resist the brainwashing.

IFlyFL410 said:
I never knew you could look up the bid packages on myASA. When do they get posted on there?

You can usually find them a day or two in advance there... having them up this early is not very common!

They added 19 lines to the 200! Now if I could move up 20 a month (like everyone says we do and I have yet to see and Im at the bottom of the list) Id be set!

The trips look great in march for the 200, but the average block is around 75-78 hours. WTF! Some of us actually want to fly more than guarantee.

Well, in order for the lines to be have better schedules, the sacrifice was block time, probably!?!?!?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back