• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Ta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The $13.5 mil to be distributed at the MEC's discretion....

Basically that means they can give it to whoever they see fit. I'm betting all those ALPA nay-sayers (e.g. Joe Merchant, ohPlease, scarlet, etc.) get jack.

I am fully aware of the give and take of negotiations and agree that it must happen from both sides.

My ultimate point was that I hope everyone will spread the word to each other that this needs to be reviewed carefully.

Yes, I agree it will pass, that is what I was saying before.

Just, remember that there MAY be a reason big enough not to vote yes for.

Medeco

Nobody seems to be considering scope.

Can anyone advise what will happen when the CRJ200's start getting phased out? Current fuel prices and potential slot controls do not bode well for 40 and 50 seat jets. There are rumors of trades being considered which would send RJ's off to China.

Anyone know if the Delta/SkyWest/ASA jets are involved? Looking forward, does the contract address this potential in a way that ASA pilots will retain their jobs, positions and pay?

While everyone focuses on the money and scheduling, now is the time to play chicken little looking forward and considering how section 1 would function in the event of a sale, or aircraft swap for jets that would have to be operated at another carrier.

Had scope been done properly in the last contract there would be no Shuttle, Freedom, Mesa, Chautauqua, Big Sky, SkyWest, Express Jet, Republic, etc... One of the many reasons for not merging ASA into Delta was the lack of scope language in ASA's contract.

If you go to Delta's own museum, the end of the timeline for ASA shows it merged into Delta. That is what everyone though was happening when that sign was made. Obviously history tells us something else happened.

Scope remains the most important part of any contract and the ASA guys need to carefully consider what might be in their future, best and worst case.

If only 60% of this pilot group (eligible) vote on this contract that took this long and this much fight to get...I will forever be embarrased to work here!

That is how I feel now, because of our crappy (management)leadership.

There will always be apathy, in any voting process.

Its also called ignorance.

Medeco

The $13.5 mil to be distributed at the MEC's discretion....

Basically that means they can give it to whoever they see fit. I'm betting all those ALPA nay-sayers (e.g. Joe Merchant, ohPlease, scarlet, etc.) get jack.

Very nice! An MEC committee chairman opines to stiff some pilots for publicly disagreeing with the MEC. No, the union NEVER retaliates for dissent.

Even though you were joking, this post was in very poor taste!!!

Fins,

In brief, best I understand based on rumors of the language.

Scope hangs on our binding agreement with the holding company and the no furlough clause combined together.

In other words, Skywest Inc will have little to gain by swapping out aircraft and giving them to Skywest or someone else.

At some point if they do this they will reach a point at which ASA has too many pilots, yet they cannot furlough, they also have to keep the pilots with the planes at some tipping point too.

The theory being, they have no incentive to take from ASA and give to others without a heavy price.

Medeco

Fins,

In brief, best I understand based on rumors of the language.

It is, in fact, all rumor, because the MEC has not yet released the actual scope language publicly. I feel this in and of itself is a red flag.

Scope hangs on our binding agreement with the holding company and the no furlough clause combined together.

Yes. From what I've heard from an insider, it will all hang on the no furlough clause. Let's hope there isn't a "force majure" event to invalidate it like all of the legacy carriers had.

In other words, Skywest Inc will have little to gain by swapping out aircraft and giving them to Skywest or someone else.

In theory. Unless they find a way around it (force majure? bankruptcy of a subsidiary, a'la Mesaba?)

At some point if they do this they will reach a point at which ASA has too many pilots, yet they cannot furlough, they also have to keep the pilots with the planes at some tipping point too.

More than 4 airplanes per year. That's a lot. And it applies to transfers, not retirements.

The theory being, they have no incentive to take from ASA and give to others without a heavy price.

In theory. Until they find a way around it.

Medeco

Yes, scope may be the sticking point of this TA. We're all cheering the $$$ and work rules, but that won't mean jack if ASA is gone next year. Read carefully and buyer beware!

Very nice! An MEC committee chairman opines to stiff some pilots for publicly disagreeing with the MEC. No, the union NEVER retaliates for dissent.

Even though you were joking, this post was in very poor taste!!!

Woohoo! I struck a nerve! I thought flightinfo was a forum for stuff like this. And if you know I was joking, why take such offense? LMAO!

I don't know who this MEC committe chair you speak of is. This account is shared by many at ASA so you have no idea who I am. Why would you try to call him/her out like that? Speaking of poor taste.....

Woohoo! I struck a nerve! I thought flightinfo was a forum for stuff like this. And if you know I was joking, why take such offense? LMAO!

I don't know who this MEC committe chair you speak of is. This account is shared by many at ASA so you have no idea who I am. Why would you try to call him/her out like that? Speaking of poor taste.....

That was the weakest apology I've ever seen in my life.

And isn't sharing an account a violation of forum rules? What the matter, too cheap to each pay the $10?

Wow...18 pages and we havent even seen the dang TA yet!

This is gonna get real good soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back