• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA TA voting complete

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel sorry for you poor F*CKERS that think it is all about the instant jackpot. I was there too, but I think you all just screwed the pooch with this one. There is no language or real gain for anything above 50/ 66 (ATR) seats.The industry + ATC ( ie. the government) is through dealing with massive delays for 20 RJs operating when 5 heavys can move more people in half the time. The future is in larger gauge A/C and you all just went back to square one when it comes to that. How does your contract protect you if Sky West decides to simply retire the 50 seaters?

Simply my opinion, let me know why I'm wrong.

To all the old school ASA'ers Good Luck.

You're right. But we can't do business without a contract, and judging by other airlines flying these and larger planes at lower rates, I think it's time for us to move on. If all regionals wither up and die because ATC can't handle the volume, then so be it.

I feel sorry for you poor F*CKERS that think it is all about the instant jackpot. I was there too, but I think you all just screwed the pooch with this one. There is no language or real gain for anything above 50/ 66 (ATR) seats.The industry + ATC ( ie. the government) is through dealing with massive delays for 20 RJs operating when 5 heavys can move more people in half the time. The future is in larger gauge A/C and you all just went back to square one when it comes to that. How does your contract protect you if Sky West decides to simply retire the 50 seaters?

Simply my opinion, let me know why I'm wrong.

To all the old school ASA'ers Good Luck.

These so called large aircraft can not or will not be coming or available for the next 18-24 mos, and that is if they were ordered today! So, this contract expires in 36 month, and we can start working on worrying about that at that time! Further more, we do have some protection, in the form of a no furlough clause --- which yes, does protect us from retiring of airframes. So, Skywest can go ahead and retire 50's, but will have to give replacement aircraft to ASA, or pay us to sit home! Also, ASA still has the agreement to fly 80% of all DCI flights from ATL.

How does your contract protect you if Sky West decides to simply retire the 50 seaters?

How does Delta's contract protect them if they decided to retire the MD-88s? Or when they retired the 737-200s?

How does United's contract protect them if they decided to retire the 747s?

Fact is, we have to let the company do business. If they decide the best way to do business is to retire 70% of our fleet, then so be it. At that point we're a sinking ship and the best contract in the world wouldn't protect us and keep our jobs.

What our contract does protect us against is Uncle Jerry deciding to move airplanes between the holding companies (which he did before and paid dearly for it.)

The next battle will be PBS. I think the company will start bringing it up right after the holidays at the latest.
AVOID,AVOID,AVOID!!!!! The PBS program that SKYW uses is krap, you will hate it, no transparency, a total mystery as to how it works, coupled with the companies ability to manipulate it at will=reserve like existence 24/7/365.CN,PN pooN will wreck your life. Do not allow it on the property at any cost, 2-3% of the pilot group will like it and everyone else will hate it!.
PBR

...well, all complaining aside, congrats to all my old Acey buddies. I know you guys were tired of circle walking and holding signs. I was. I never thought it would've taken THIS long.

I miss the badda bing lounge...

Latest resources

Back