• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Suc#s TEA AHHT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the last ten years I have flow Part 135, Corporate, Part 121 Non-sked, and at ASA. I can honestly say that ASA is the best managed place I have ever worked for in aviation. That doesn't say much about aviation does it?

For all of it's problems, ASA is really not that bad of a place to work. Where else have you worked?

79%N1,

I also have a 1-900 number that you can access any time of the day---at just $7 a min (I have to make up for any possible pay cuts...). My wife occasionally mans the phones--so don't be upset if she whispers to you......Good night now ya hear? (the number is 1-900-eat-dutch)

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

I already have the private # to your wife.....and I don't have to pay by the minute! :)

Okay, I might have fudged a little about the SR-71 and the Saturn V, but the rest is right on.

Previously flew Corporate, 135, Jumpers, Forest Svc, DOD Contract, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

It doesn't matter what I did previously. The fact is, I work for ASA now. It's great so many folks are truly happy with the company, but I am far from pleased. Everyone's got a story to tell and I told you mine. Usually I keep my thoughts to myself but considering some of the posts on this board, I thought what the hell.

Dude :

I'm glad you posted, just to insert a little reality into the crowd that thinks spending 330 hours on the road every month for $19,000 a year is Nirvana.

My experience with ASA seems to be in direct relation to the time I spend on the phone talking to someone in the GO. A broke airplane, crew re route, reserve, extension, a grievance, all things that make my day and their day worse than it would have been if we did not have to talk to eachother.

Unlike pilots, folks in the GO have an alleged "merit" system of promotion. Unfortunately many have figured out that crafty and blame shifting works about as well as hard working and friendly - so they do what they can to get on top. If you have ever seen drowning rats flighting over a piece of driftwood, you get the idea.

As lousy as they are to us, they are worse to each other.

The good thing about flying is that when we shut the cockpit door and the chocks are pulled, we are pretty much left alone to enjoy flying neat equipment with a pleasant, sharp, and skilled, pilot with whom we have a lot in common. The bars in Monterrey and Toronto are great and on the ATR there are some pretty fun places in Ft. Walton. After all, what job pays you $1.50 an hour to sip a margarita while circling the lazy river while watching all the Spring Break chiquita's....

Now if we could just get our ATL domicile back....

~~~^~~~

Everone has there ups and downs at there job, but you just have to ride the wave. I for one have been at Eagle as a FO for 4.5 years. Could of upgraded at 9-11 then all stopped. The past 2 years sucked but know we are hiring like crazy (50 a month) and the upgrade is back down to 4.5 years and falling. So all of us Eagle pilots that were complaining the last 2 years are now happy because we are upgrading and not spending time on reserve. My advice is just chill and wait your turn and just live a stess free life. all it does is make you go crazy, and age twice as fast.

79%N1,

Oh yeah, I asked her and she admitted that she was talking to you on the side.....She said you described yourself as a 250lb balding Morrocan who has three nipples---one on your back which is good for slow dancing.... What does that mean? You crazy man! You crazy!

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

General---I think you have %79N1 confused with me:D :D :D

Yummy---hopefully you will call me directly next time!

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :D

Dude,
I spent 4 years at ASA, Best job I ever had... Even better than the one I currently have. Its all about how you look at it. If you think life is suppose to be like a DAL Capt with 25 years of senority, yeah, ASA sucks. But if your a level minded person who understands that Life at a regional could be a whole lot worst that it is if you compare your contract to pratically anyone elses contract in the industry (rejional that is) youd be thankful for your job and quit your bitchen... If you think life is bad at ASA on reserve, try getting yourself a job at a major like UPS and then your know what life on a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty reserve schedule is like... Just my 2 cents... Say hello to Drew for me...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back