• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Stuck on days off pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work for ASA, and everyone knows I was part of the first all Mexican ASA flight crew.

TACOS AND BURRITOS FOR EVERYONE!

VAMANOS!

And now we all know who you are.... better change your screen name before you start flaming WF or any of his cohorts! ;)

Yeah- WF is a force to be reckoned with-just look at what he did to Speedtape! That guy is mean!

"No soup for you!"

Last edited:
First of all, they owe another day off. Have to have at least 11 off IN DOMICILE. And you should get your min pay because you away from domicile. I couldn't find anything about the 150% for the day. Only for a regular pilot not reserve did this come into effect.

That is correct, 150% only for regular pilots extended, not reserve guys. I didn't make the connection that you were reserve (duh: not too many lineholders working 6-plus days in a row these days, although I guess you could have picked up a 2-day after a regular 4-day). You will get min day pay though. Same thing as a 30-hour overnight at an outstation.

That is correct, 150% only for regular pilots extended, not reserve guys. I didn't make the connection that you were reserve (duh: not too many lineholders working 6-plus days in a row these days, although I guess you could have picked up a 2-day after a regular 4-day). You will get min day pay though. Same thing as a 30-hour overnight at an outstation.

Nope not reserve.

So I got stuck in CRW on my 6th day, so that led into my 7th day which they can't actually work me. So now the dead head is out on the 8th day with 24hrs rest in CRW. The question is am I paid 150% for each of these days?

Call the following(in no order):

Agreement Compliance Chairman
Scheduling Hot Line
Any pilot Rep

You might get a more contractually correct answer. It sounds like you also may be a first on that type scenario. Your situation does not fit in a pigeon hole.

Are you a Lineholder or a Reserve Pilot?
Even if you traveled on your own time home, they will still have to treat your situation as though you had not.

The Seventh Day of rest is an FAA regulation and does not have to be in Domicile. However, contractually, you have to receive your day off in Domicile. There will have to be some remedy made available to you.

I'm the real Speedtape, speedtape, speedtape........
Oh, hang on, I was just having a bad dream about WF calling his lawyer to sue me for libel/slander! Carry on.

I'm pretty certain that the Regs let you deadhead home on your 7th day. Your contract may supersede that though, I'm not familiar with it.

Latest resources

Back