ASA Strike Vote Results Here!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Firehoser (Carl),

You and the rest of the (MGMT wantabe) CP's are overpaid! Your position and salary are not protected under our contract! You are on the seniority list, but you are not one of us! Our operation would run better without any of you, as has been proven through the years. Was your attendance record and occurrences as sterling as the other 2 junior CP's when you assumed the..... (?position?) It's a joke that they attempt to discipline pilots for anything, when they both had enough occurrences to be fired! Their favorite song should be, "Oh What a Friend We Have in Chromer!" as it is rumored that their occurrence records mysteriously disappeared shortly before their appointment. You'll be joining him back on the line someday; all chief pilots do return to the line, you know! Just ask Bubba's Boy!

Since the contract does not cover the C.P. payscale, all of you should take an hourly guarantee cut from 110 hours to 95 hours like is being proposed for the I.P.'s! Wait a minute, that is an insult to the hardworking I.P.'s; the C.P.'s should make 90 hours per month at Brazilia rates, immediately, so the Company can make even more money! Show some LOVE for the Leadership TEAM! In addition, you should be required to work a regular 40+ hour work week like any other self-respecting management suck up! Also, a week's vacation should be a week's vacation (7 days of vacation credit for 7 days of vacation instead of the the 7 days off and 4 days deduction from total that you have now!) Most of us worked over 300 duty hours last month; how many did you work? We stayed 10 nights or more in mostly subpar hotels, sometimes in worse spots than the Red Roof! Speaking of which, is it not a fact those C.P.'s from out west refuse to stay in the Red Roof when they are in town because it is too dangerous? Where's the "I" in "TEAM?" They certainly don't mind that their pilots stay there!

You are out of touch! Come back and fly the line to find out why 92.67%
voted YES!
---------------------------------------------------------
Give a C.P. a loaf and he will eat for the day, teach a C.P. to loaf, and he will loaf until they make him a Director of Operations!

Firehoser said:
So 92% of the pilot group feels that working conditions, pay, and treatment are so bad, so oppressive, so slavelike, that they would rather walk off the job, quit, lose their seniority, their schedule, and start all over for another carrier at first year pay rather than continue to negotiate - that is effectively what you are saying by voting yes. When the NMB releases you for a strike, they also release the company to impose any work rules they see fit - including replacing the striking workers. This is one possible reality - are you ready for it? How will you feel if it comes to that - how are you going to explain to your spouses and your children why you have to sell the house, pull the kids out of school or college, give up the SUV, and go to work at Home Depot for 50% of your current salary - all over $3 per hour by the way - until you can get another airline job for even less money the first year? Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor - hope it doesn't come to that.

Hint by the way: The 15% who didn't vote are an effective NO vote - they didn't feel the effort to vote yes was even worth getting on the computer for 5 minutes.

You assume they'll work for an airline? The sky is falling.

Bet you,re scared now, SPORT! Too bad majority rules. Now we'll get to see the weak among our pilot group crumble like Gumby here.

ASADriver said:
No because there won't be a stike and we will get a deal slightly better than what is on the table now.

Hey Biscuit, better run, you're missing the buffet, LOL.

Are mgmnt pilots authorized to vote. Instructors, Instructor's boss's (Dudley, Sorrell etc.) What about azzholes like B. Sheehan and M. Larson. How bout the chief pilots including System chief and VP of flight ops? If all these people can vote I would put them in that 7%.
Along those lines is our system chief pilot having dues deducted?

I hope you guys get what you deserve. However, lets see how many will strike if it comes to that. I hope it does come to that.

Sinca3 said:
Are mgmnt pilots authorized to vote. Instructors, - Instructor's boss's (Dudley, Sorrell etc.) What about azzholes like B. Sheehan and M. Larson. (Yes)

How bout the chief pilots including System chief and VP of flight ops?
(Dues = Yes) (No voting rights and cannot attend ALPA functions....ie/meetings...etc...still retain all other ALPA benefits)

Along those lines is our system chief pilot having dues deducted? (Yes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I wish that a strike vote had not been necessary.

However, I am ready to go the distance to see that we get a fair contract. We can make an agreement or park the aircraft in the desert. It doesn't matter with me.

It looks like a majority agree with me... I will not be a management tool!!

My experience, knowledge and professionalism cost something, a fair wage......

Congrats to all who stood up and were counted!

Buzz Saw

Last edited:
Sinca3 said:
Are mgmnt pilots authorized to vote. Instructors, Instructor's boss's (Dudley, Sorrell etc.) What about azzholes like B. Sheehan and M. Larson. How bout the chief pilots including System chief and VP of flight ops? If all these people can vote I would put them in that 7%.
Along those lines is our system chief pilot having dues deducted?

Let's hope not. I think mgmt pilots are considered non-voting members or something. Admin pilots I;m not sure.

i think the only management pilots left besides the cheifs are the three directors and two program managers - oh yeah - plus les and mary.

Good News, but being the new guy I wonder what happens next? Do we all go back to the table now and try again to work something out or what?

Latest resources

Back