• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WWEfan

One List
85% of the pilots participated.

92.67% voted IN FAVOR.

Great job!

How did you get that already? It's not even posted on the ALPA site yet. If it is accurate, I'm sorry to see it's that low.

-Blucher:confused:

It's accurate, but unofficial. Hasn't been certified yet. I'm a little disappointed as well, but it's good enough to prove to management that we overwhelmingly support our negotiating committee. What really disappoints me is that 15% of the people eligible to vote didn't bother to do so.

Don't believe it until I see it poseted by ALPA!!!!!

Who cares about the 15% they obviously don't care about thier carreer....they prob would of voted NO anyways....all JR coolaid drinkers....

I am disappointed in the 85% number too. Unfortunately, the last 2 days of voting were over the weekend. All the procrastinators that tried to vote late and discovered they needed a password got screwed because there isn't much technical support available on Saturday or Sunday.

The vote results are pretty much in line with what I expected, but the 15% of people that don't care is downright shocking! There is nothing more that ALPA could have done to get the word out about the strike vote, so these people have no excuses.

Still, it's a great showing and should put some pressure on ASA management. Hopefully there will be some productive negotiation sessions forthcoming.

Is that 85% of eligable pilots voted or pilots? Cause we probably have 15% of our group that are apprentice members. That's only 270 of 1800 ttl pilots. We easily have that many probies.

Anyone know how many were eligable?

It is 85% of eligible voters. From what I heard the ALPA guys saying in the crew lounge we had about 1500 eligible....those are pilots in good standing and active.

Quick math tells me that 85% of 1500 = 1275 pilots eligible. 92.67% of 1275 pilots = 1182 pilots in favor and 93 pilots NOT in favor. Thats more than enough to shut this place down when the time comes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back