• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not so sure this is true anymore. Section 2-1.23 of the FOM has been rewritten/reworded. I won't post the exact language here because it is an internal company manual, but the way I read it could easily be interpreted to mean you must respond to ANY messages from scheduling. It sucks, but the FOM is law and the union has little say as to how it is interpreted.

The language here may be "from scheduling". The union reps made sure that we know that those people telling you to "contact scheduling" are messangers, not scheduling. They said infact that they aren't even ASA employees anymore, they're Delta.

Honestly, for those of you who seem to be getting so fired up about these low-timers, can you blame them? If you had the chance to get on with an airline at 250-400 hours, wouldn't you?

I just get tired of hearing all the lip in the crew lounges. If you've got such a problem with it, call the folks over in recruiting and b*tch to them.

IOE is taking longer because of the low experience level. Many of our newhires are requiring extra IOE.

There are a few cases of extra IOE, but overall it isn't that bad. We all hear about the special cases, and think that those anecdotes reflect the entire group, but it isn't true.

The average hours for hew hire IOE is somewhere around 29, with the minimum being 25, so that isn't that bad. There are a few outliers there bringing the average up, but generally, people are well prepared for IOE by the training dept.

I just get tired of hearing all the lip in the crew lounges. If you've got such a problem with it, call the folks over in recruiting and b*tch to them.
I'm not even at ASA any more and Stan Knight isn't even a check airman any more, but I'm still too scared of him to dare call and complain.

Anyone who had him in the Sim for an E120 Type knows what I mean.

Honestly, for those of you who seem to be getting so fired up about these low-timers, can you blame them? If you had the chance to get on with an airline at 250-400 hours, wouldn't you?

Couldn't agree with you more. We don't get to pick our cards, we make the best with what we're dealt. I flew with a newhire a few months back with under 400 hrs (intern). One of the best pilots I've flown with at ASA. Yes, low time, no experience, but a great attitude and very good stick skills, sit awareness. Don't get me wrong, this is rare, however, it's not all bad. Don't blame the pilot, blame the market. It is what it is.

Trojan

I'm not even at ASA any more and Stan Knight isn't even a check airman any more, but I'm still too scared of him to dare call and complain.

Anyone who had him in the Sim for an E120 Type knows what I mean.

Fins, where did you go? Sorry to see you leave but completely understand. Good luck at your new family!

Trojan

Yeah fins, spill the beans, where you at big shooter?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back