• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been extended 3 weeks in a row. Got extended today for a trip that was on Saturday. Gonna take me 2 hours to fill out my credit pay sheet.....

Not just ASA. Everyone is having trouble finding "qualified pilots".

I would not say everybody. ExpressJet seems to be getting a lot of applicants. We are filling all classes and the biggest problem is enough online instructors. Seems like everybody is coming from TSA, Piedmont, Mesa and the like.

I have to agree with Brian, who said:

"This airline would a great place if it weren't for the pilots."

Scott said the hiring pool was almost dried up. He is going on a road show to recruit pilots because there are no applicants. The last 2-3 classes were hoping for a show of 20 but only had 14 and 16 show up. Who wants to work for 589.00 every two weeks?

Actually, their aiming for 24. Last class was 11. That prompted the company to ask for a raise for newhires. Never mind those who are already here, they want those people to quit.

I think ALPA should picket Scott's Road Show. Sign me up. I'll call in sick from my Jr Assignment.

From the Union:

The only approved way for the company to contact you is through your mail box. If they tell you on the radio to call schedueling, that is not an approved way. They said check your mail box and if there is nothing in there, go home.
I'm sure the company would freak out about that, but it would be fun.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back