ASA Sept. New Hire Classes Cancelled???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Erlanger said:
If they were smart they would of but probably weren't allowed to. Skywest had no announced additional flying and has over the last few months hired several hundred pilots who are not flying. What do you think that means? Why were they hired and trained and continue to hire and put through class even now at a rate of 30 per week? If you don't believe me, call your Skywest buddys.

SkyWest has -700 deliverys for united thru Feb '06 i believe it is

goodpilotithink said:
what does the ASA contract say about a buy out. I think a standard merger and fragmentation clause is in most ALPA contracts. I would think that ALPA ASA would insist on it. This would be like United buying American and wanting to keep the pilots on seperate list, wouldn't it?

No its not the same as United buying American. SkyWest Airlines is not buying ASA. SkyWest INC, (a holding company that owns SkyWest Airlines) is buying ASA. There is a difference.

Man were so short FO's right now. I got drafted for a 2 day after I finished with my 3 day. Talked to like 5 other FO's who were drafted for trips. Talked to two other Captains today who were flying as FO's. No way we will slow down hiring unless they decide to take some planes away....

jj

What's the deal with ASA losing 40 lines? Is that flying that will return, or did I just misunderstand something?

Skywest is hiring 80 or more a month. There are plenty of pilots that want jobs. If I were an ASA Pilot I would keep working hard and keep my nose clean.

McNugent said:
What's the deal with ASA losing 40 lines? Is that flying that will return, or did I just misunderstand something?

They say end of summer, but also Delta took flying away from us because we can't staff airplanes. Why do you think the bid pack was a day late?

GO AROUND said:
Brilliant!!! We're already short and they stop hiring.. Dump our managment, PLEASE!!! I hope skywest doesn't want ex TWA managment failures dragging them down. What are skywest's medical benifits like?

Could you name these people who came from TWA. Remember Trans World Express is Trans States..

Halo_RJdriver said:
Skywest is hiring 80 or more a month. There are plenty of pilots that want jobs. If I were an ASA Pilot I would keep working hard and keep my nose clean.

Halo, you say some of the dumbest sh1t.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back