Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

McNugent

Whatever...
Just heard ASA is cancelling the September Basic Indoc classes. Anyone know anything about this??? Is it a beginning to the end of hiring with the Skywest deal, or catch up time for the Training guys?

Last edited:
From what I hear, Skywest will have a base in Atlanta and as ASA pilots leave and the pilot group dwindles, Skywest will switch the flying over to Skywest and in years to come, ASA will cease to exist.

Erlanger said:
From what I hear, Skywest will have a base in Atlanta and as ASA pilots leave and the pilot group dwindles, Skywest will switch the flying over to Skywest and in years to come, ASA will cease to exist.

Yeah right, here is the first one folks!

McNugent said:
Just heard ASA is cancelling the Septemner Basic Indoc classes. Anyone know anything about this??? Is it a beginning to the end of hiring with the Skywest deal, or catch up time for the Training guys?

They are pushed back because we are behind on IOE and short Instructors.

Brilliant!!! We're already short and they stop hiring.. Dump our managment, PLEASE!!! I hope skywest doesn't want ex TWA managment failures dragging them down. What are skywest's medical benifits like?

GO AROUND said:
Brilliant!!! We're already short and they stop hiring.. Dump our managment, PLEASE!!! I hope skywest doesn't want ex TWA managment failures dragging them down. What are skywest's medical benifits like?

What do you want to do hire these people put them through training and let them sit for 3 or 4 weeks?

Skywest announced that Bryan LaBrecque will serve as "interim" president of ASA.
while Jerry Atkin will serve as chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO) of SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Brad Rich will serve as chief financial officer (CFO) for SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Ron Reber will serve as president of SkyWest Airlines.
I guess that interim title means he'll be out of a job eventually.

GO AROUND said:

They're short on captains more than they are short on FO's. They need to get capt's through IOE so they are concentrating on that first, then will hire more FO's

Latest resources

Back