• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sept. New Hire Classes Cancelled???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they were smart they would of but probably weren't allowed to. Skywest had no announced additional flying and has over the last few months hired several hundred pilots who are not flying. What do you think that means? Why were they hired and trained and continue to hire and put through class even now at a rate of 30 per week? If you don't believe me, call your Skywest buddys.

McNugent said:
Yeah I'm in it, and just found out we are still on for the 29th.

Relax boys and girls, you will be alright we are getting caught up with IOE, get some rest the firehose is coming.

Erlanger said:
If they were smart they would of but probably weren't allowed to. Skywest had no announced additional flying and has over the last few months hired several hundred pilots who are not flying. What do you think that means? Why were they hired and trained and continue to hire and put through class even now at a rate of 30 per week? If you don't believe me, call your Skywest buddys.
Yeah...I'm sure they are hiring these people so they can eventually replace the entire ASA pilot group. Freakin' drama queens...

Erlanger said:

Yeah OK

Erlanger said:

my understanding is that skywest continues to increase there flying with United. I was under the impressions that is what there new hires were for.

Anyway...Its laughable to even suggest that there will be a staple to the bottom of the list.

What advantage does that give to skywest....oh yeah, heres an idea, lets demote a bunch of qualified captains and pay training to upgrade a bunch of FO's. No...furthermore, what recourse action do skywest pilots have to advocate this...a strike...oh wait, they don't have a union. But, ASA does and what we will want is a fair integration...fair to both Skywest and ASA pilot...anything less and I can guarantee we will ALL WALK...Then, skywest is left with an airline and planes...but NO PILOTS.

Yeah...I'm sure they are hiring these people so they can eventually replace the entire ASA pilot group. Freakin' drama queens...

Read my post at the top. It will happen over a long period of time, probably years.
This was a done deal months ago, about when they started hiring like crazy. Too much of a coincidence you think? The Vice President said today in a company memo, that it was a done deal months ago, and apologized that the rumor was all over the company for months and that everyone was concerned and he felt bad that they couldn't say anything about it.

McNugent said:
Yeah I'm in it, and just found out we are still on for the 29th.

Hey Mcnugent, when did you interview and when were you notified that you were hired? I'm just curious.

FL990 said:
my understanding is that skywest continues to increase there flying with United. I was under the impressions that is what there new hires were for.

Anyway...Its laughable to even suggest that there will be a staple to the bottom of the list.

What advantage does that give to skywest....oh yeah, heres an idea, lets demote a bunch of qualified captains and pay training to upgrade a bunch of FO's. No...furthermore, what recourse action do skywest pilots have to advocate this...a strike...oh wait, they don't have a union. But, ASA does and what we will want is a fair integration...fair to both Skywest and ASA pilot...anything less and I can guarantee we will ALL WALK...Then, skywest is left with an airline and planes...but NO PILOTS.

I really think this is a positive for ASA and SKYWEST, yes if there ever is merging then it needs to be fair, we are both , now , wholly owned subsidiaries of SKYWEST, Inc. So what is the difference between us?

Interviewed in late May, couldnt take the July 25 class so I'm in on the 29th. Found out a couple weeks after the interview about the "conditional hire" pending the drug screening and stuff.

Ther'll be no integration. From the Skywest website.

"Seniorities will not be merged since the companies are independent."

ref: http://www.skywest.com/qa/index.php
It says that at the bottom.

Latest resources

Back