Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jstyle13

Reserve for life!
Just curious if any of you more senior guys that are holding lines now on the 50(or 70) are going to be tempted to bid reserve come the fall. Since they have said they are gonna thin the line values out to 75 hours and we are gonna be major fat on reserve guys, seems to me if I lived in ATL I would just bid reserve and fly 3-5 days a month instead or working 14-16 days for 77 hours or so.

Of course I am driven by purely selfish reasons for asking since I'm hoping that if this was the case and enough guys did it, I would be able to get a hardline or long call and get off SCR. If I didn't commute I'd be totally stoked about being on reserve come fall cause I'd be getting paid to sit at home 27 days a month:D .

Just curious if any of you line holders were thinking about biddin RES if this ends up being the case with the lines.....

I am one of the more senior long call captains and sitting reserve is no picnic. I get a lot of 3 and mostly 4 day trips and I usually get extended. Some months I fly more and others less but only once have I exceeded 75 hours.

Goat

Well ya right now we are flying quite a bit on RES and obviously you are first to get called since you are long call, but come September when the block hours drop and we are even fatter on SCR pilots I have a feeling that RES's will be lucky to fly more than 5-8 days a month. Of course I may be way off on this but it seems inevitable with the reduction of block from the new fall sched and the overstaffing we have.

I am starting my first month of reserve and have a few questions. How do they determine who they call first on the bucket list? I have looked at the contract, but I might as well be reading Russian. I have heard people talking about being able to guess with pretty good accuaracy whether they will be called or not. Any advice about the system would be great. Thanks

How do they determine who they call first on the bucket list? I have looked at the contract, but I might as well be reading Russian.

Well it's laid out pretty clearly in the contract....
1. LCR CMF
2. LCR
3. SCR CMF
4. SCR

Short Call is based on credit hours and section 13 lists the order and stipulations they have to call you out on. Once you get used to it and figger it out you can get pretty good at figuring out when you can cut out early and when you can't. Make sure you know who is open available for a trip on the list in your same day bucket and who is on there but already has a trip.

If your a newhire or recent upgrade you will be on reserve forever, so you will be a pro at the bucket system in no time.

. If I didn't commute I'd be totally stoked about being on reserve come fall cause I'd be getting paid to sit at home 27 days a month:D .

It could actually be worse having so many on reserve. Instead of being called for a 3 or 4 day you will probably see the trip split into a bunch of roundtrips.

It could actually be worse having so many on reserve. Instead of being called for a 3 or 4 day you will probably see the trip split into a bunch of roundtrips.

Nope, that can't do that. It's in the contract. Unless there is nobody that can take the whole trip.

Latest resources

Back