• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Scheduling Ready Reserve Spree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sucks especially at 0600 when both lounges are filled with sleepers and the RR lounge is also filled up with commuting sleepers. Can't even watch TV

Screw 'em...I turn the lights and TV on. It's a crew lounge and not a hotel or a crashpad!!! It's their choice to NOT buy a crashpad. Sorry, but they just have to deal with it.

What does that mean? Will you pull a Superman out of your McDonald's uniform when they call?

I sure do, clock out, zip to the bathroom, change and then out the door. Everyone in the office ooohhs and awwws. Ladies love me over there....and yes they know how much I make. Had to explain why Im working there hehe

Where I work if you're good at sales, the managers will work with whatever crazy schedule you have since you are an asset to the organization.

Last edited:
I sure do, clock out, zip to the bathroom, change and then out the door. Everyone in the office ooohhs and awwws. Ladies love me over there....and yes they know how much I make. Had to explain why Im working there hehe

Where I work if you're good at sales, the managers will work with whatever crazy schedule you have since you are an asset to the organization.

Just curious, this day job that you have....are you their "Village Idiot" like you're ours?

He might be a dou che but he's *our* dou che.

Hehehe. Funny!

Just curious, this day job that you have....are you their "Village Idiot" like you're ours?

That would be a....no. I'm actually one of the best telerecruiters there. Do you think they would put up with my leaving in the middle of a shift and not showing up to work several days a month if I sucked?

Last edited:
True it is better than not getting a paycheck. But I don't think having ready reserve in th contract will automatically create a need for more pilots. I dunno, does the whole 5.5 thing take in account RR? I think RR is abuse, especially a couple days in a row. And especially when you're shortcalled for it. I can't think of a major that has RR. Repubulic doesn't even have it.

The intent of Ready Reserve was to help prevent a regular line holder from being extended at the end of his/her trip, while subsituting a viable mechanism to prevent delayed and cancelled flights. The purpose was never to create a need for more pilots, but to utilize reserves more effectively. Ask a regular line holder, who was ever extended at the end of a long trip, if he thought it was fair to be extended! Extensions suck more than Ready Reserve!

Do you know what usually created the need to extend?--the absence of Ready Reserve. The dilemma is usually created by another Pilot who called in sick at the last possible moment or a pilot who no-showed because he commutes and decided to take the last possible flight that was overbooked, delayed or cancelled. In addition, the change to an improved 2 hour callout for Reserves, which is a reasonable and fair change from the previous 1 hour callout, created the need to extend. Extensions suck more!

Your company is compensated partially for good performance. Schedule integrity is paramount to protect potential compensation. Ready Reserve is a mechanism that facilitates the success of that goal. All this, makes you important, and you probably don't even know it! It must not be too terrible, as I heard we have recently had regular line pilots volunteer for Ready Reserve slots when there was a coverage issue. Did you know that extensions suck?

By the way, thank you for doing your part in insuring schedule integrity. As a regular line holder, I will do my part when sick, and give more than adequate notice, and also, I pledge to show up for my sign-ins.

I will think of you when I get my next performance plus bonus, and the next time I get to go home at the end of a long trip without getting extended! And maybe, your next or first bonus will give you new perspective! Finally, when you become a regular line holder, if you never get extended, it will be a result of the concept of Ready Reserve. But, you may never appreciate it because, hopefully, you will never get extended at the end of your long trip!

Note: Last week, it was reported that in the last year, 3 million people have lost their job! Putting things in perspective, sitting Ready Reserve is alot better than standing in an unemployment line. Could the glass of water be half full?

Cheers!

Last edited:
The intent of Ready Reserve was to help prevent a regular line holder from being extended at the end of his/her trip, while subsituting a viable mechanism to prevent delayed and cancelled flights. The purpose was never to create a need for more pilots, but to utilize reserves more effectively. Ask a regular line holder, who was ever extended at the end of a long trip, if he thought it was fair to be extended! Extensions suck more than Ready Reserve!

Do you know what usually created the need to extend?--the absence of Ready Reserve. The dilemma is usually created by another Pilot who called in sick at the last possible moment or a pilot who no-showed because he commutes and decided to take the last possible flight that was overbooked, delayed or cancelled. In addition, the change to an improved 2 hour callout for Reserves, which is a reasonable and fair change from the previous 1 hour callout, created the need to extend. Extensions suck more!

Your company is compensated partially for good performance. Schedule integrity is paramount to protect potential compensation. Ready Reserve is a mechanism that facilitates the success of that goal. All this, makes you important, and you probably don't even know it! It must not be too terrible, as I heard we have recently had regular line pilots volunteer for Ready Reserve slots when there was a coverage issue. Did you know that extensions suck?

By the way, thank you for doing your part in insuring schedule integrity. As a regular line holder, I will do my part when sick, and give more than adequate notice, and also, I pledge to show up for my sign-ins.

I will think of you when I get my next performance plus bonus, and the next time I get to go home at the end of a long trip without getting extended! And maybe, your next or first bonus will give you new perspective! Finally, when you become a regular line holder, if you never get extended, it will be a result of the concept of Ready Reserve. But, you may never appreciate it because, hopefully, you will never get extended at the end of your long trip!

Note: Last week, it was reported that in the last year, 3 million people have lost their job! Putting things in perspective, sitting Ready Reserve is alot better than standing in an unemployment line. Could the glass of water be half full?

Cheers!

Great explanation. I now withdraw my whining about RR. The Performance Plus announcement today also put my whining in perspective.

Hehehe. Funny!

That would be a....no. I'm actually one of the best telerecruiters there. Do you think they would put up with my leaving in the middle of a shift and not showing up to work several days a month if I sucked?

Hmm! Telerecruiters? Are you recruiting people to pay their past due bills?

Great explanation. I now withdraw my whining about RR. The Performance Plus announcement today also put my whining in perspective.

You are a good sport! My post was not an attack on you. Your post was my opportunity to share some foundation and history regarding the issue. Thank you for that opportunity. Hopefully, the economy will soon improve, hiring will resume, and you will transition to a line holder and never get extended!

Latest resources

Back