ASA Scheduling Ready Reserve Spree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

Why is scheduling going on a Ready Reserve spree? People are getting 2 days in a row and not being used. 8 hrs of airport appreciation is not fun when it reserve can be done in the comfort of your own home or at a daytime job.

Why is scheduling going on a Ready Reserve spree? People are getting 2 days in a row and not being used. 8 hrs of airport appreciation is not fun when it reserve can be done in the comfort of your own home or at a daytime job.

If ASA is overstaffed, and this is Mgmt's answer to not furloughing additional pilots--then I'm all for it. Ready Reserve sucks, no doubt, but it sucks worse not getting a paycheck.

Trojan

"It could suck more"

A terrible way to measure life, but sometimes it works.

If ASA is overstaffed, and this is Mgmt's answer to not furloughing additional pilots--then I'm all for it. Ready Reserve sucks, no doubt, but it sucks worse not getting a paycheck.
True it is better than not getting a paycheck. But I don't think having ready reserve in th contract will automatically create a need for more pilots. I dunno, does the whole 5.5 thing take in account RR? I think RR is abuse, especially a couple days in a row. And especially when you're shortcalled for it. I can't think of a major that has RR. Repubulic doesn't even have it.

At PSA we get 10hrs a day of Hot Reserve.
Either 5am-3pm or 2pm - Midnight.
You can get it 3 times in a row and no monthly max.
But here is the kicker. If you have flown 72hrs for the month and sit Hot for a day you don't get any credit for it.
Yes, you too can pretend to be an airline pilot and sit at the airport for 10hrs and in return you won't get paid for it. What a life....

It sucks especially at 0600 when both lounges are filled with sleepers and the RR lounge is also filled up with commuting sleepers. Can't even watch TV

RAH does have ready reserve (we call it "hot reserve"). Our contract allows for it, but ironically our scheduling department has chosen NOT to use pilots in this manner. Can you believe it? We give the company a great way to torture us and make us hate life, and they DON'T use it! RAH does use flight attendants in a hot reserve capacity (ha! HOT reserve? I think not), and most every central base has two or three hot reserve flight attendants on call daily.

Even in contract negotiations, our schedulers have let us pilots sit at home (or crash pad) and given us the 1.5 hour call out. Lets hope that things stay this way!

Latest resources

Back