ASA Scheduling is calling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

Got a call from sched. They left a msg. asking if I wanted to fly (junior man). If you don't want to fly don't answer on your days off.

av8er2 said:
Got a call from sched. They left a msg. asking if I wanted to fly (junior man). If you don't want to fly don't answer on your days off.

At least they ASKED you if you wanted to fly in the message. The last one they left for me instructed me to call them immediately as they had a trip assigned to me. Seeing I've been here 7 years and am not on reserve, I know better, but I bet a lot of the new guys don't.

Eagle called me to "confirm my schedule" the day after they flew me 7 legs and before I was assigned to fly at 4pm. Needless to say, I saw caller ID unavailable and got the message. Then I unmuted the TV and returned to my movie.

Nothing like having your base run out of FOs every day for 6 months to make you a little gunshy on answering your phone.

av8er2 said:

Sorry, if your number doesn't pop up as one I know (friends or family members) you're going to get my voice mail.

I've had messages left asking me to call if I want to pick up extra flying. I felt like calling back and saying sorry, due to "min coverage" you are denied.

av8er2 said:

Ahhhhhhhh yes, another incident of ASA's no-talent, uninspired "leadership team" falling terribly short. What's the answer? Sick the pit-bulls of Scheduling (no-talent, mean spirited teenagers) on the only people who make this airline able to function at all.

Management has said they don't want us to stay more than five years (BL said ASA is NOT a career airline--read: you're not welcome here for very long), So they drive us away with harassment, abyssmal scheduling, bad lines, base closure (and no mercy for the displaced), the hat nazi, and BLATANT contract abuses. So people are leaving, or not even showing up for classes--the desired result right??? Wrong, they had no idea they would drive away so many people so quickly. This on top of taking delivery of new planes--growth of fleet, contraction of the pilot group....BRILLIANT!

What lies are ASA management telling Delta for the hilarious performence of ASA?

I don't know who SB reports to, but I would be really interested to see the inter-office memos.

av8er2 said:

"Hold on, let me put down my beer and grab a pen.
OH, you wanted me to work TODAY?"

That should solve your problem. They can't say anything about you drinking on your days off, and they certainly can't make you fly.

viper548 said:
"Hold on, let me put down my beer and grab a pen.
OH, you wanted me to work TODAY?"

That should solve your problem. They can't say anything about you drinking on your days off, and they certainly can't make you fly.

No, but they will sure as he!! give you a trip for the next day for punishment.

Just got the call from CS. I listened to the message on my voice mail. They were wondering if I would be interested in a nap tomorrow. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Don't answer your phones!!!

"(BL said ASA is NOT a career airline--read: you're not welcome here for very long)"

Just curious, when did he say this?

Palerider957 said:
Ahhhhhhhh yes, another incident of ASA's no-talent, uninspired "leadership team" falling terribly short. What's the answer? Sick the pit-bulls of Scheduling (no-talent, mean spirited teenagers) on the only people who make this airline able to function at all.

Management has said they don't want us to stay more than five years (BL said ASA is NOT a career airline--read: you're not welcome here for very long), So they drive us away with harassment, abyssmal scheduling, bad lines, base closure (and no mercy for the displaced), the hat nazi, and BLATANT contract abuses. So people are leaving, or not even showing up for classes--the desired result right??? Wrong, they had no idea they would drive away so many people so quickly. This on top of taking delivery of new planes--growth of fleet, contraction of the pilot group....BRILLIANT!

What lies are ASA management telling Delta for the hilarious performence of ASA?

I don't know who SB reports to, but I would be really interested to see the inter-office memos.

Remove Delta and insert any legacy carrier.

Remove ASA and insert any vendor that does express flying for such legacy carrier

Latest resources

Back