ASA S3C Pass benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

This was copied from deltanet, take it as you wish.

THE OFFICIAL WORD ON ASA/SKYWEST (non rev) CAME YESTERDAY!!
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 9:34 AM http://dlnet.delta.com/jive/post!reply.jspa?messageID=65594

This is NO RUMOR folks, and straight from the ASA management meetings held @ Ga. Tech on the 19th. The only thing i haven't seen on paper (or didn't pay attention to) was when it takes effect (as I've heard Jan06 and July 06, but July more often than Jan).

As of the date it starts in 06 (either Jan or July)

ASA and Skywest employees will receive unlimited S3C, including the very valuable (although NOW significantly harder to use) 18 international segments, which ASA already had, but skywest did not. ASA loses their S2 travel days(and will NOT receive any S2B's C's or anything else. Oh, and 4 buddy passes.

So there you have it... Will the 18 segments staying in place prevent what potentially would have been the largest mass exodus in the history of the industry, or will the idea of trying to come home with an S3C from an international destination still be enough to push people out the door?

One thing I DID NOT see, was weather ASA maintains the benefit of flying free to Dakar, and Jburg on SAA. ANOTHER HUGE piece of the puzzle for MANY.

Airboss said:
One thing I DID NOT see, was weather ASA maintains the benefit of flying free to Dakar, and Jburg on SAA. ANOTHER HUGE piece of the puzzle for MANY.

You really think there are that many people (more than 10) that view this as a HUGE piece of the puzzle?!?!?!?

ASA Non Rev posting

I saw the same thing on the Non Rev Discussion forum. Very vague, not much info and no real source. When it gets posted on "MyASA" or FLiCA, I'll believe it then.

Actually NOTHING has been posted as of yet (1304)!! The final decesion has been made and there should be a formal announcement next week sometime.....so I hear!

Do we get to keep our companion pass card or is it gone? This is the big
question for me.

601Pilot said:
Do we get to keep our companion pass card or is it gone? This is the big
question for me.

If those go, it means fewer travelers competing for the same seat. In any case, S3-C is a joke anyway. Better off buying a ticket.

Removed from InfoXchange

All references to the above have been removed from Deltanet's InfoXchange Nonrev web board. Either not true, or somebody let the cat out of the bag a little too early.

OK here's the real kicker. Delta mainline gets to ride S3 on ASA. In otherwords, ANY Delta employee will ALWAYS bump you off mainline and any Delta employee SENIOR to you will bump you off your own flight

Where are the references?

Where are the references to all of these "Rumors"? I did see a posting earlier on Deltanet and now it is gone. Either somebody posted "Garbage" or somebody let out information that was not "Officially" released and DL removed the posting. Where is the info that ALL Delta employees get S3 and will bump junior ASA employees? Is this your speculation or did you hear it from a "Reliable" source? Either way, for credibility, post your reference.

Latest resources

Back