• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Roadshow Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got my DVD that I guess is starting the Shows.

Havn't confirmed this yet but a little birdy told me managment is finally telling the union what is needed to keep us competitive. Whether this is finally being up front about negotiating or the whole zero net gain crap again, I still have to make a phone call to hear more. The last email from the union sounded like the company is still negotiating in bad faith. We shall see.

Everyone only mentions money as in pay scales when they talk about what we want in a new contract. We havn't even touched that part yet and QOL is much more important to me than a big fat raise. Hmmmm, 10% raise and the worst work rules in the industry, No Thanks!

"our base pay must be on the lower end, while performance profit sharing opportunities will bring total compensation well above average." -jerry atkin

from the propaganda video

According to Jerry ASA has the lowest CASM in the regional airline industry. How much more competitive can ASA become!

Well, if management comes at us with the "zero net gain" presentation, we can fire back with the arguement that they should provide us a system by which we can improve performance (ie adequate staffing in all positions, ASAP, ACARS, etc.... ) After all increasing revenue helps the bottom line and flip, giving pilots a decent schedule ( a big contract goal ) would be mutually beneficial. Pilots want to fly when they are on a trip. All this deadheading and sitting around is not fun for us either....

~~~^~~~ said:
Well, if management comes at us with the "zero net gain" presentation, we can fire back with the arguement that they should provide us a system by which we can improve performance (ie adequate staffing in all positions, ASAP, ACARS, etc.... ) After all increasing revenue helps the bottom line and flip, giving pilots a decent schedule ( a big contract goal ) would be mutually beneficial. Pilots want to fly when they are on a trip. All this deadheading and sitting around is not fun for us either....

You forgot to mention that its all the fault ot the mainline DAL pilots!

737PYLIT....

Dude, why do yoo have to jump in with some B.S comment that does this discussion no good, and has no appropriate business in this thread????? Just another ML troll on the regional board adding an immature, uncalled for remark! Seriously, dont you have anything better or more important to do or worry about than what the Regional guys are saying? This thread has NOTHING to do with Delta ML, and your remarks just further the divide between the ranks of ML and Regionals.....Seiously, Grow the F&@k UP!

One thing that is pretty cool is the 423 stock purchase plan. You have to be able to defer 15% of income to fully participate but at the rate things are going some will be making a killing the end of this year. Unlike MBIP the ROI is predictable and guaranteed to be at least 15%. So for an RJ CA making 80K pre-tax gain is $1,800 which is the equivalent of around $2/hour or more. Capital gains are taxed at a higher rate than income though. Where the real money gets made is when the stock goes through the roof like it is now. Now that same RJ CA will invest 15% of 6 months income, or around $6,000, in stock that costs less than $16 per share. If it's trading over $30 that's a tidy profit even after taxes.

Last edited:
Dave Benjamin said:
One thing that is pretty cool is the 423 stock purchase plan. You have to be able to defer 15% of income to fully participate but at the rate things are going some will be making a killing the end of this year. Unlike MBIP the ROI is predictable and guaranteed to be at least 15%. So for an RJ CA making 80K pre-tax gain is $1,800 which is the equivalent of around $2/hour or more. Capital gains are taxed at a higher rate than income though. Where the real money gets made is when the stock goes through the roof like it is now. Now that same RJ CA will invest 15% of 6 months income, or around $6,000, in stock that costs less than $16 per share. If it's trading over $30 that's a tidy profit even after taxes.

Dave,

While the employee stock purchase is a good deal, it is in no means "guaranteed 15%". In the time between the closing date, and the day the shares hit your SmithBarney account, the stock can, and has, dropped.

(this still doesn't stop me from putting a large amount into the program every quarter):D

Come on in, the Kool-Aid's fine!

I just had a glass....Mmmmmm!

I think a 25% paycut is the minimum we should all give back....no, wait.....30%...(hey, did you see the new Logo!)

At a time like this, we need to do what's good for the Company, not just think of ourselves and our family....that's selfish. When things turn around....and they will....the first thing the Company will do is thank us with huge pay raises, benefits, and bonuses, as a thanks for getting the Company through such tough times. After all, we're not losing money, but we're only making a small profit. That warrants a paycut....until we make a big profit! Then we cash in. The execs are suffering already, since their bonuses are way short of the 8-figures they were expecting when they dropped out of college to go into the airlines.

I can't believe some people actually expect time off to raze their kids, let alone feed them....

If they want to be truly cost competitive, their first priority has to be integrating the companies and eliminating redundancy. The glass house should be shut down and ATL made into nothing more than a large outstation. Consolidate OCC, maintenance, training, etc. After that is done, then review the numbers and see if more needs to be done. But they won't do all that because the fact is they care more about reducing payroll than improving the overall effectiveness of the company, and it's easier to cut smaller paychecks than to make changes in operations.

Why alienate employees if we can be the most competitive through common sense operations? Oh yeah, the Southwest model doesn't work!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back