ASA Roadshow Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HoserASA

Heard this at Flight Safety yesterday from someone in management. The company will be explaining to the employees what we need to do to compete. Mentioned was profit sharing. Also mentioned was after CMR takes their cuts ASA and Skywest would be the two most costly regionals out there. Hmmm, sounds like they're getting ready for concessions?

Anyone have any info where and when these roadshows will be?

No, doesn't sound right for the concessions speech:

1. ASA pilots are represented by ALPA. We are in contract negotiations already.
  2. Delta is locked into a contract with ASA. I an think of 125,000,000 reasons (maybe a little more) why Delta would not bid out ASA's flying.
  3. ASA's problems are more on the performance side than the cost side.
Jerry Atkin is a strong supporter of profit sharing. ASA will be more profitable if it performs better. If management has a presentation, I would think it has to do with getting our performance in line - although we are in line with AirTran. I think the congestion in and out of ATL has a lot to do with our numbers.

~~~^~~~ said:
Jerry Atkin is a strong supporter of profit sharing. ASA will be more profitable if it performs better. If management has a presentation, I would think it has to do with getting our performance in line - although we are in line with AirTran.

My last company had profit sharing. Yeah, it was nice to get a check every quarter as something extra, but overall I think its over-rated. Especially when management wants to count that as part of your compensation or use it in place of a higher hourly rate. It might be ok when your company is making money, but even then the amount can fluctuate. I, for one, would rather have an increase in hourly rate. That way, when leaner times come around, I know how much my paycheck will be and not be hoping that the bonus will be good or that there will even be one. Not to mention how books can be cooked to show little or no profit which equals little or no profit sharing. I guess the fact management likes it should be enough of a red flag in itself. Profit sharing programs can come and go at will.

~~~^~~~ said:
No, doesn't sound right for the concessions speech:
  1. ASA pilots are represented by ALPA. We are in contract negotiations already.
  2. Delta is locked into a contract with ASA. I an think of 125,000,000 reasons (maybe a little more) why Delta would not bid out ASA's flying.
  3. ASA's problems are more on the performance side than the cost side.
Jerry Atkin is a strong supporter of profit sharing. ASA will be more profitable if it performs better. If management has a presentation, I would think it has to do with getting our performance in line - although we are in line with AirTran. I think the congestion in and out of ATL has a lot to do with our numbers.

Kind of like "delta will NEVER sell ASA!" J.O. is coming, beware.

Ask the SkyWest Captains that get over 8K a year, in profit sharing if it is overrated!!! Even FO's can get around 600 bucks a quarter.

word is the road show is to outline changes. there is a post by one of our captains on the ALPA board outlining changes from what he calls an "very good source".

included are changes in the paint scheme for future A/C delivery, pass benefits, insurance costs, etc

GeekMaster said:
word is the road show is to outline changes. there is a post by one of our captains on the ALPA board outlining changes from what he calls an "very good source".

included are changes in the paint scheme for future A/C delivery, pass benefits, insurance costs, etc

No outline I could find.

The road show started today in ATL. Monday kicks off the week long tour starting at HQ. I am suprised nothing has been put out to everyone yet.

3green said:
Ask the SkyWest Captains that get over 8K a year, in profit sharing if it is overrated!!! Even FO's can get around 600 bucks a quarter.

I can affirm that:

Essentially, through profit sharing every third month SkyWest pays my rent (or mortgage, if I was smarter), and pays for one heck of a night out on the town for me and the lady...

(But shhhhhhhh! I'll never admit I like it to management, especially while we're trying to get better than 1.2%)

ASA brothers and sisters: Get the profit sharing, and get the rate increase too (and while we're at it, let's get us all on the same list)...

3green said:

We haven't had the MBIP for a year.

If anyone will get 8K a year they are CRJ Sim. instructor. Not your average line pilot.

FO's only get the Fin. performance reward after 2 years.

So far I would agree that it is overrated and overhyped.

Good Day

Latest resources

Back