• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Roadshow Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point, WMS......I'd like to add if SKW management wants to talk cost savings with us, then they should step into these negotiations and say, 'lets get this settled' and give us the QOL issues we want resolved. I dont think anybody at ASA wants or thinks were getting some hugh industry leading payscale. We see whats going on around us. We, however, also see the substantially better QOL contractually that many other regionals such as SKW, COEX, Air WISC, and Comair have. I think if we quickly resolved that, we could sensibly discuss costs as part of it......

BUT........As our ASA "leadership team" prove to us daily....they are unwilling to discuss ANYTHING!

(OK Delta ML guys.......tell us what we should be thinking/doing now, as we are not able to think for ourselves)

homerjdispatch said:
Dave,

While the employee stock purchase is a good deal, it is in no means "guaranteed 15%". In the time between the closing date, and the day the shares hit your SmithBarney account, the stock can, and has, dropped.

Total the amount deferred into the stock purchase plan, divide that by the estimated sale price the day before the purchase (with the 15% discount) and short the stock that many shares the day of the transaction = Guaranteed profit, every time. Be sure to use a discount trading service in order to save on fees.

You'll get hit by short-term capital gains, but think of it like regular income. Where else can you get a guaranteed at least 15% (MUCH more this period) in the stock market every 6 months?

I guess everyone got that cute littlle DVD. I have feeling that three years was the warm up period. Websites, DVDs, and Roadshows....for what?

They only went to the ASA pilots. But for the SkyWest pilots, here is a recap:

1. Profit sharing on top of our current pay
2. Positive Space tickets on DAL at Company expense to compensate for loss of travel benefits
1. E190 configured with 70 seats will be on the ASA ramp by June 06 (initial order not announced yet)
2. Training Department needs to roughly double, or even triple, in size
3. ASA's 40 seat RJ's to get a First Class section and another Flight Attendant
4. ASA bringing the Shorts back to replace the ATR
5. New ASA paint scheme - http://www.airliners.net/open.file/431191/L/

You are welcome to mine if you really need it.

Last edited:
We're being squeezed as pilots, but they still find ways to squander away our money:

-slick DVD's
-a new Logo
-Glossy Kool-Aid brochures about what a great airline we are.
-100-page paper bids in 1800 pilot mailboxes every month while we pay for internet-based paperless bidding that saves the company huge sums of money at our expense
-making cell-phone use a necessity for company business while we pay out of our own pocket
-making money with every trip swap which brings one pilot under 75 hrs while not compensating the other pilot (shouldn't that be illegal?)
-promoting the most adversarial scheduling boss, the antithesis of QOL, into an even more empowered position.

How many other ways are they screwing us AND the company, while being rewarded as great Managers?

3green said:
Ask the SkyWest Captains that get over 8K a year, in profit sharing if it is overrated!!! Even FO's can get around 600 bucks a quarter.
Where is my 8K a year, not even close by a half. Shut your pie hole, you have no clue, step away from the koolaid machine.
PBR

Where's my DVD?

Did they mail them out? Are they in the pilot lounge? I'm currently on MIL leave and wanting some info before I come back (Jan or Feb 06). What is the "Real" latest? Not just some Rumor BS. or made up funny crap. Really, what is the deal? Passes, Contract, A/C deliveries, etc....

Latest resources

Back