ASA "Roadmap to STRIKE"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777_Jackpot said:
What have they GOT done that has been in my interest? Listen, I'm not saying that the ASA MEC isn't 100% for creating a better quality of life for ASA pilots. What I am saying though, is the fact that the union has been tasked with negotiating a better contract, and has thus far, failed. I know its not entirely their falt, but it is their job. As far as I am concerned ALPA can join Willy and the many others who comprise a long list of people at this company who were given a chance at a task, failed, and now need to be fired.

777JP

You simply re-stated your original post.

How about answering the other 6 questions? Are they too hard for you?

Just some friendly advice: Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Regards

GO AROUND said:
Definition of negotiate (verb forms: negotiated; negotiated; negotiating)
to bargain with others for an agreement. Definition of bargain (noun forms plural: bargains) to deal; a good agreement.
How have they failed? You said it exactly, their task was to NEGOTIATE a better contract and they have been doing their job. As the company said, it takes two to negotiate, and the company hasn't negotiated or bargained, they have demanded we accept what little they have proposed without bargaining. The CNC has been prepare from day 1 to negotiate/bargain and had every section proposed to the company with nothing from the company. Did you expect them to make the company negotiate back? Again, how have they failed? The company has failed you, but that get's you no where so you bash on the union and CNC.
Just because you wanted a contract 2 years ago, it's their fault for not producing it. The only point you have is that they didn't get you your contract when you wanted it, Right? You obviously have no idea how the process works, you just want what you want when you want it. Funny, that sounds just like managment rhetoric.

Comparing Willy and others to the union, that's stupidity.

No argurment here! They have most certainly partaken in the act of nogotiating...they've accomplished next to nothing, but they have been doing there jobs - to nogotiate. But there is a fine line between doing your job, and doing your job effectively, the later not describing the CNC's performance thus far. And you're correct, my point is that I don't have my contract when I wanted it, unfortunately, a simple gander in the bag room and seeing a hundred "3 Years Is To Long" stickers would lend a person to believe that it is the point of a majority of the pilots, if not all. The only difference is, I am assigning blame to those who should shoulder it the most, ALPA.

goodto50meters said:
You simply re-stated your original post.

How about answering the other 6 questions? Are they too hard for you?

Just some friendly advice: Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Regards

No they're not to hard, I just thought the answers would have been obvious by now, sorry for the assumption:

#1 When was the last LEC meeting you attended?
Never

#2 When was the last time you talked to a Rep and told them what you think?
Yeah, that would go over well, "hey, you guys are really ineffective, I want my money back"

#3 What would you do different?
I would be exploring with managment, ways to reduce enough operating expenses to allow for a compensation increase, and examine ways to make the operation efficient enough so the company doesn't feel the need to have such a tight "leach" on work rules.

#4 What can you offer to do to help?
Just about...exactly 2%

#5 What is your position on ASA pilot negotiations?
I think that is already apparent

#6 What is your opinion of management?
Although, I think changes need to continue, the ones they have made are a step in the right direction. I think BL is a good COO, most importantly I think Willy sucks

Last edited:
Magneto said:
You know I hear stuff like this and wonder why everyone is on SkyWest's back to get ALPA on property. Everyone who is ALPA is either in bankruptcy or seriously hurting.

Umm, you guys need a little more gray matter up there. The whole reason ASA ALPA has no power is because SkyWest has no union and can't stick up for themselves. You should be reversing your thought process and say that if only SkyWest has ALPA, they and their counterparts at ASA could both receive more fair rules and compensation.

777_Jackpot said:
No they're not to hard, I just thought the answers would have been obvious by now, sorry for the assumption:

Never

Yeah, that would go over well, "hey, you guys are really ineffective, I want my money back"

I would be exploring with managment, ways to reduce enough operating expenses to allow for a compensation increase, and examine ways to make the operation efficient enough so the company doesn't feel the need to have such a tight "leach" on work rules.

Just about...exactly 2%

Although, I think changes need to continue, the ones they have made are a step in the right direction. I think BL is a good COO, most importantly I think Willy sucks
You are in desperate need of professional help.

BTW, that funny smell is Brian Labreques pubes in your nostrils.

BigHangar said:
Umm, you guys need a little more gray matter up there. The whole reason ASA ALPA has no power is because SkyWest has no union and can't stick up for themselves. You should be reversing your thought process and say that if only SkyWest has ALPA, they and their counterparts at ASA could both receive more fair rules and compensation.

Just like when they were owned by DELTA who also owned Comair and again why would skywest having alpa change anything.........

777 Jackpot, you actually think the union and others havn't tried to work with the company to reduce cost elsewhere? They are as receptive to that as we are to the proposal they just put out.

You keep saying the CNC and union should have produced something by now but you don't say how they were supposed to do that. How does one negotiate or bargain when the other side doesn't bargain or negotiate.

Maybe if you brought them milk and cookies or pizza managment would change their attitude? The company says we're asking for too much and we say they're full of SH*T. I havn't heard managment saying they will take an 8% paycut along side us. Why is it that only the pilot costs have grown above acceptability? I call BS on that! There are so many gross inefficiencies in our company that have been brought to the attention of managment(many from myself) and they are still happening on a daily basis.

If your not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

777_Jackpot said:

Never

Just about...exactly 2%

OK, lets re-cap:

1. You have NEVER attended an LEC meeting. This explains half of why you dont seem to want to be part of the solution by getting involved at the minimal level.

2. Well if you want to take the tact of just insulting the guy, no shiott it wont go over well. Why dont you introduce yourself and offer some ideas instead? Help make you union better. These guys are busting their ass 777. Against a management that has had an anti pilot mentality for a decade.

3. Descent idea here. The problem is, your management friends wont have anything to do with working with our pilots as a group. Only if they have dictatorial power over the process has it ever interested them here at ASA. The ASAP program is a perfect example. They wanted to deviate from the standard industry program and modify it so as to still be able to punitively go after pilots which flies in the face of the whole purpose of the program. The relationship is littered with crap like this, always a loophole to drive LaBrecques Benz through. I am open to your #3 when they show they can be trusted. We are about as far away from trust as you can get. It will have to be earned.

4. Ok, so getting rid of the union is going magically make management benevolent and respect the pilot group? Puck Mugger is right, you may need professional help if you beleive this. 2% is the best insurance policy I could have at this place.

5. If you actually could have a cordial conversation with your MEC reps and volunteers, many have had extensive experience with the crowd the company has at the table, they would enlighten you as to their behavior and tactics all led by the managment law firm Ford & Harrison. BTW, there are acording to the last Abort newsletter put out a few weeks ago, 50+ people you could talk to.

6. The only thing laBrecque has done so far is fire Chuck Thibaudeau that is noteworthy good. Other than that he is trying to pick my pocket in order to add to the record profits of this and our parent airline. NO! He has done nothing to improve the work experience here nor has he reigned in the attacks on the current contract. And he is lying about the pass benefits not being final...they are, he just didnt want a disaster during the holidays.

Have a good New Year

Latest resources

Back