Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777_Jackpot said:
Time alright....time to oust ALPA

You know I hear stuff like this and wonder why everyone is on SkyWest's back to get ALPA on property. Everyone who is ALPA is either in bankruptcy or seriously hurting.

777_Jackpot said:

Let's see you do a better job! All I hear is ya'll whiners bitch that it's the unions fault, when they have shown up from day 1 prepared and trying to negotiate the best contract for the pilot group. As the saying goes "don't blame the players, blame the game" that the company has taken advantage of and abused from day 1.

Oh, I forgot you would step up but they won't let you. Whatever! Don't let me keep you from the Company breast that you were sucking on.

deletede

Last edited:
777_Jackpot said:

Why?

What has the ASA MEC done that has not been in your interests? I know many of these guys and they are stand-up people who are line pilots and give a great deal of their time and talent to this and have to live with the end result as do we all.

ALPA as a national organization has its issues granted. It is what you make of it though as a member. Rome was not built in a day.

When was the last LEC meeting you attended?
When was the last time you talked to a Rep and told them what you think?
What would you do different?
What can you offer to do to help?
What is your position on ASA pilot negotiations?
What is your opinion of management?

Sincerely,

GT50M

Repeat After Me,

"Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike.

701ev

Last edited:
goodto50meters said:
Why?

What has the ASA MEC done that has not been in your interests?

What have they GOT done that has been in my interest? Listen, I'm not saying that the ASA MEC isn't 100% for creating a better quality of life for ASA pilots. What I am saying though, is the fact that the union has been tasked with negotiating a better contract, and has thus far, failed. I know its not entirely their falt, but it is their job. As far as I am concerned ALPA can join Willy and the many others who comprise a long list of people at this company who were given a chance at a task, failed, and now need to be fired.

777JP

777_Jackpot said:
What have they GOT done that has been in my interest? Listen, I'm not saying that the ASA MEC isn't 100% for creating a better quality of life for ASA pilots. What I am saying though, is the fact that the union has been tasked with negotiating a better contract, and has thus far, failed. I know its not entirely their falt, but it is their job. As far as I am concerned ALPA can join Willy and the many others who comprise a long list of people at this company who were given a chance at a task, failed, and now need to be fired.

777JP

Definition of negotiate (verb forms: negotiated; negotiated; negotiating)
to bargain with others for an agreement. Definition of bargain (noun forms plural: bargains) to deal; a good agreement.
How have they failed? You said it exactly, their task was to NEGOTIATE a better contract and they have been doing their job. As the company said, it takes two to negotiate, and the company hasn't negotiated or bargained, they have demanded we accept what little they have proposed without bargaining. The CNC has been prepare from day 1 to negotiate/bargain and had every section proposed to the company with nothing from the company. Did you expect them to make the company negotiate back? Again, how have they failed? The company has failed you, but that get's you no where so you bash on the union and CNC.
Just because you wanted a contract 2 years ago, it's their fault for not producing it. The only point you have is that they didn't get you your contract when you wanted it, Right? You obviously have no idea how the process works, you just want what you want when you want it. Funny, that sounds just like managment rhetoric.

Comparing Willy and others to the union, that's stupidity.

Latest resources

Back