• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Reserves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any days off moved need be be compensated, not just replaced. Automatic min day + credit earned on said day. If under 75 this needs to go on top of guarantee...AND an RDO. Having days off moved last minute is a HUGE inconvenience. Why do we get nothing for it?????

At XJT you get min day credit (or value of that days flying if over 3.75) x 150%, as well as your day restored. It is "add pay" and credited on top of your 75 hours.

At ASA/XJT we should expect nothing less than this, currently they're paying 200%, which IMO is what it should be.

ALPA blows. Nothing will get done. They'll just take your money, promise things and nothing will happen. Pilot negotiators......now that makes sense.

no more than 3 conversions from long call to short call (or maybe we put a quarterly limit in so they don't run it up to the limit for no reason every month). Conversions from long call to short call need to come with credit. It's long call for a reason and if they want to change it pay us the same you do a RR.

Also, quit calling at 12:01 AM! They obviously have the schedule figured out before then. It is driving me crazy. Also, why can't we have 8 hours to respond if on long call like many airlines? I am about ready to try short call again...

ALPA blows. Nothing will get done. They'll just take your money, promise things and nothing will happen. Pilot negotiators......now that makes sense.

That's what I have never understood. We are trained as pilots...yet we elect from our own to go up against "professional " negotiaters who do this day in day out. Some of us may have some law degrees and interesting majors...but who are we kidding? We became pilots to fly airplanes ..so why isn't our alpa money used to hire people to represent us that do this for a living.

One simple fix, just remove the automatic deduction of ALPA dues from your paycheck, they'll spend more time chasing you for your dues and will have less time to fu<k everything else up, problem solved! In fact, that would solve many of our society's problems, no more automatic deduction of taxes. Once folks really see how much they have to give the government each money, they'll get involved.

Are the rest of you absolutely PELTING them with your demands and expectations for the next contract or just grousing about it on an internet forum?

I think the best improvement the reserves will see is an upgrade to XJT reserve rules. Other than that it makes little sense to waste neg. capital on reserve rules especially to the detriment of line holders. Regional shortage is well on the way anyway and age 65 is almost up so pilots in the near future will be spending minimal time on reserve

riiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt........... I hope you sit reserve for more than 3 years like alot of us at some point in time. Hopefully its at a company with sh!tty reserve rules. You deserve it after that ignorant post.

moron

Good news for all you who thought it was a great idea to have the most hated pilot at ASA on the merger committee. He just told me the other day that he has already gone to CT and told him that the Expressjet pilots were asking for too much!!! Way to split ranks already. This is not a reserve problem at ASA it is an attitude that employees and their families don't mean anything. That needs to be addressed for line pilots and reserves both. It needs to be addressed in the JCBA and we need to stick together, both groups!!!

Assuming, I know who you are speaking of, this guy is only on the SLI group????????

why does one improvement have to be at the detriment of another????

why not just try to make things better for all groups / areas?

9 years at asa....I don't think we have ever had the opportunity we have now to improve our contract. Please alpa, don't blow it.

Latest resources

Back