• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Reserves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude? Where have you been? This didn't just happen. It's been that way since the last contract.

So YOU have been extended via ACARS ever since the last contract? You must be special.

There is a real drive taking place for QOL improvements for Reserves and Line Holders at the ASA LEC meeting this Wednesday, April 6th at the KATL Renaissance from 930a-1130a.

Stop posting on these boards for one day and attend. Bring your concerns to the Union DIRECTLY and IN PERSON. Your participation is deeply needed.

Last I checked, reserves and lineholers were both pilots! Why does everyone want to split the two? The only way this works is to prove that making it better for all, makes the company money. March was a good start. QOL was worst ever and so was performance. 3 years ago QOL was at an all time high and so was performance. Can ALPA bring those numbers to the company?

Last I checked, reserves and lineholers were both pilots! Why does everyone want to split the two? The only way this works is to prove that making it better for all, makes the company money. March was a good start. QOL was worst ever and so was performance. 3 years ago QOL was at an all time high and so was performance. Can ALPA bring those numbers to the company?

For some reason we like tiered systems, A/B scales etc. Whether you're talking major vs regional or lineholder vs reserve pilot. As someone who is on and off reserve, I find most lineholders are apathetic to the reserve pilots plight. Perhaps they feel the worse the rsv pilot has it, the more it protects his QOL. Additionally most feel like once they're off rsv, they'll never see it again....At XJT we have a fairly large population of captains/FOs that did minimal time on RSV, although some now are getting a taste in IAH.

I haven't been on reserve in 10 years at ASA, but I spent a year on reserve then. It was waaaaaay better to be on reserve back then. I totally feel for the reserve guys. When I see one he or she looks like a beaten dog!!! That being said we should not split ranks in any way. Both pilot groups, lineholders and reserves need to stick together. It is the only way to get this done!!!

Latest resources

Back