• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ramp on the 4th. Way to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly 1.75 hrs from wheels down 'til shutdown. No APU, cabin was 34C.

I made ONE PA....about 10 minutes after landing......explaining that there was ramp congestion and that I would update them if anything changes.

...nothing changed.

50 totally-pissed-off Delta customers.

Ganja60Heavy said:
Exactly 1.75 hrs from wheels down 'til shutdown. No APU, cabin was 34C.

I made ONE PA....about 10 minutes after landing......explaining that there was ramp congestion and that I would update them if anything changes.

...nothing changed.

50 totally-pissed-off Delta customers.

Why would you take an airplane with no APU with these temps?

OCP said:
Why would you take an airplane with no APU with these temps?

My mistake. (but it was my last leg home on a 4-day)

It was handed to me at an outstation where the temp was only 70F.

But, you are absolutely right: we should, as a rule, be refusing these planes in these temperatures.

Ganja60Heavy said:
My mistake. (but it was my last leg home on a 4-day)

It was handed to me at an outstation where the temp was only 70F.

But, you are absolutely right: we should, as a rule, be refusing these planes in these temperatures.
Never, EVER take a plane without an APU this time of year. I don't care what the current temp is! You MUST look ahead to see what the temp WILL be when you reach your destination and where that plane is going once you turn it over. Grow a pair and turn that plane down! Even if its your freedom leg.

I've heard from the George and John days "Don't worry about it, we've got their money!"

Sounds like BL and Chuckie are taking tips from George and John......

Ganja, did you find a place where you could run the engines up to keep the packs cooling?

I would have declared a medical emergency and parked it nose in between any spot and gotten those pax off. At that point they could all kiss my arse, Captain's authority for the safety of my pax's.

No APU, No GO!!!!

Not bashing you, really. At that point you have to take over from the idiots that don't have a clue and do what's right.

Has anyone else run into the no sand bags in ATL problem? They have run out in ATL cause it is out at all the outstations. I finally had to suggest magazines or cases of water after 45 minutes of noone else being able to think of it. And Tutt thinks that the pilots aren't the glue that holds this place together. We would still be sitting there now had I not suggested it.

Last edited:
GO AROUND said:
Ganja, did you find a place where you could run the engines up to keep the packs cooling?

I would have declared a medical emergency and parked it nose in between any spot and gotten those pax off. At that point they could all kiss my arse, Captain's authority for the safety of my pax's.

No APU, No GO!!!!

Not bashing you, really. At that point you have to take over from the idiots that don't have a clue and do what's right.

Has anyone else run into the no sand bags in ATL problem? They have run out in ATL cause it is out at all the outstations. I finally had to suggest magazines or cases of water after 45 minutes of noone else being able to think of it. And Tutt thinks that the pilots aren't the glue that holds this place together. We would still be sitting there now had I not suggested it.

Let me get this straight- you would declare a medical emergency to get people off the plane, but on the other hand you have used magazines and cases of water as ballast?

I'd say you have good judgement 50 percent of the time.

ReportCanoa said:
Let me get this straight- you would declare a medical emergency to get people off the plane, but on the other hand you have used magazines and cases of water as ballast?

I'd say you have good judgement 50 percent of the time.

Why do you have a problem with declaring a medical emergency to get people off a sweltering airplane?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back