ASA ramp on the 4th. Way to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADFW7 said:
The big tugs broke with broken aircraft at the gate. It was raining and they closed the gate for lightening, and we were short staff again. That was no airline yesterday. That was embarrassing for everyone.
No, the bigger issue is that the people running this place don't give a crap. Ops (with the notable exception of Nat) simply stopped working the radio when the ramp closed.

Since the reason given for all the delays ways broken airplanes at the gate, I personally called the Flight Control manager and said my crew would reposition aircraft to Delta North, or they could call in some reserves to reposition airplanes. After a long hold a lady got on the phone and in the nastiest voice possible said "you aint gettin out of your trip" and hung up on me.

To further improve our operation, the departure coordinators have been told they have only a couple of weeks to find other work, their positions no longer exist.

This morning they were running domestic and international side by side so our customers got to stand quasimoto style in the 50 seater for nearly 45 minutes while the international flights got cleared. Several business travellers let me know this was just too much and they will never fly Delta again.

At some point Delta has to pull the plug. There has to be some extreeme that will force the most behind the airplane management team in the world into action. And isn't it amazing, the pilots are doing nothing but trying to help keep things going - can you imagine if pilots stopped trying to do everyone else's job in addition to their own?

It is now to the point that it is getting difficult not to just walk off the airplane at an outstation and say I'm done with this place. The fact that ASA is not a career, or even a job with any future permiates down from the top. The same people who eagerly rent our gates to Freedom run the show at ASA.

ASA, thanks for waiting, Dr. Kevorkian will see you now.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
No, the bigger issue is that the people running this place don't give a crap. Ops (with the notable exception of Nat) simply stopped working the radio when the ramp closed.

Since the reason given for all the delays ways broken airplanes at the gate, I personally called the Flight Control manager and said my crew would reposition aircraft to Delta North, or they could call in some reserves to reposition airplanes. After a long hold a lady got on the phone and in the nastiest voice possible said "you aint gettin out of your trip" and hung up on me.

To further improve our operation, the departure coordinators have been told they have only a couple of weeks to find other work, their positions no longer exist.

This morning they were running domestic and international side by side so our customers got to stand quasimoto style in the 50 seater for nearly 45 minutes while the international flights got cleared. Several business travellers let me know this was just too much and they will never fly Delta again.

At some point Delta has to pull the plug. There has to be some extreeme that will force the most behind the airplane management team in the world into action. And isn't it amazing, the pilots are doing nothing but trying to help keep things going - can you imagine if pilots stopped trying to do everyone else's job in addition to their own?

It is now to the point that it is getting difficult not to just walk off the airplane at an outstation and say I'm done with this place. The fact that ASA is not a career, or even a job with any future permiates down from the top. The same people who eagerly rent our gates to Freedom run the show at ASA.

ASA, thanks for waiting, Dr. Kevorkian will see you now.

Stupid CHQ!!! It's all their fault!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back