ASA Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

1. Strike vote passed. I thought that was going to send a huge message and put management to the fire. What happened?

2. How many A/C are we losing? I count the 17, 700's out of SLC. The ATR (12?)... Is 29 the number? 290 pilots?

3. SKYW is hiring 500 pilots this year for A/C they don't have. 35 ASA 700s plus 6 900s = 41 aircraft... Does anyone else think that is why SKYW is hiring?

4. I have had Captains tell me that SKYW can't take assets from ASA something about the company engaging in "self help". Is there any truth to that?

5. Does anyone have any thoughts on what direction this is going in the next 6-12 months?

Who cares. Shutting ASA down is the only thing left to do, and hopefully put a hurt on SkyWest Holdings while we're flushed down the toilet.

Report Canoa - you are right, we need to do it sooner rather than later.

Crash Pad said:
1. Strike vote passed. I thought that was going to send a huge message and put management to the fire. What happened?

2. How many A/C are we losing? I count the 17, 700's out of SLC. The ATR (12?)... Is 29 the number? 290 pilots?

3. SKYW is hiring 500 pilots this year for A/C they don't have. 35 ASA 700s plus 6 900s = 41 aircraft... Does anyone else think that is why SKYW is hiring?

4. I have had Captains tell me that SKYW can't take assets from ASA something about the company engaging in "self help". Is there any truth to that?

5. Does anyone have any thoughts on what direction this is going in the next 6-12 months?
1. You see the September schedules? There is your reply. This company wants us begging for Preferential Bidding.
2. 18 Firm Orders, 11 700's (for now), possibly 12 ATRs
3. Yep - that math works out about right
4. Who is going to stop them, ALPA?
5. My bet is that ASA will be shrunk to the point of irrelevance and then what remains will be folded into SkyWest. If this happens with, or without, the pilots is up in the air and up to how magnanimous Jerry Atkin feels. ALPA says none of what we observe is really happening so it is not necessary for them to take any action. I hope ALPA is correct. I hope to be on the sidelines watching from a comfortable distance away when DCI implodes.

Trips under 400 NM are taking an advance booking hit as customers figure the "hassle factor" isn't worth it. This is probably what is keeping the turboprops from being used more, which is what I expected with fuel prices being what they are.

The same script always comes out during negotiations – “Burn this place down” ”Mgmnt sucks” ”Strike Now” and the list goes on. Give it a rest!!!

In this business you learn very quickly that you never believe something until you see it. The 17 CR7s are skd to go to SKW later this year with the ATR fleet to be retired by next year. Will this happen? Who knows… Allot of talk has been floating around about either keeping the ATR longer or the Q400 as a replacement. Also there are the remaining orders for the CR9.

As for the hiring at SKW, they fly a great deal for UAL and are always taking new a/c for them as well. The rank and file at SKW are keeping a close eye on what is happening w/ our contract and once completed will at least match what we have as far as compensation or join ALPA which JA does not want.

I wouldn’t worry about the future of ASA until I see SKW form a base in ATL for DL flying.

Fly Safe...

[

I wouldn’t worry about the future of ASA until I see SKW form a base in ATL for DL flying.

Fly Safe...[/quote]

And that day will soon be upon us.......just wait! As far as the other possible aircraft, don't hold your breath.

You really should have quoted the most important part - "Don't believe anything until you see it". Until then it is nothing but rumors and suppositions. Remember all those supposals the company and the MEC hatched out. In the words of Bill Engvall "Here's your sign".

Fly Safe...

Last edited:
Already corrected GA, but thx though...

Well BH when Nostradamus makes his return, let me know b/c I too have some questions for him.

Latest resources

Back