ASA Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crjskipper said:
I was told by several IPs who have been doing the ACARS 'proving runs' that a few of our current 700s were not modified because those were the ships on the list going to SW. Also told by the same guys that the 900s were in montreal with ASA on them - that ASA had ordered the parts and done all the work on the interiors. Seems to be a lot of trouble if SW was getting them all along.

Nobody said Skywest was getting them all along. The way I understand it is that the decision was made to allocate those airplanes to the Salt Lake system because the E170s were not performing adequately (range issues). Since ASA will no longer have a base in SLC (which our own management said had NOTHING to do with the pilot contract negotiations), then it stands to reason that the airplanes would then go to Skywest. Bottom line is we did get screwed out of some airplanes but it had absolutely nothing to do with pilot costs or contract negotiations.

atrdriver said:
They have not yet transferred any 70 seaters. They have said they are going to, but it has not yet happened. There is a difference.

There are already a few 700's flying around for SKYW with the EV tail.

Ok so SKYW is hiring like crazy. We get a company memo about the 70 seat transfer. IP's are getting furloughed. At what point do we believe the 70s are gone? I don't keep track of tail numbers so can someone tell me the second one leaves. Thanks.

Please Help, The sky is falling!!!

SKW is hiring, great for them as they are skd to get the first 6 CR9. They also have attrition and the bulk of there flying is for UAL. I have not heard or seen any IPs being furloughed. Many are back flying the line until classes are announced. Again, when they start scraping the ASA logos off, let me know...

Fly Safe..

I love the "Skywest getting an ATL base" cry from the ranks. It makes no business sense what so ever. As much as Atkins is rumored to dislike unions, there is no financial incentive to put a SW base there. It costs quite a bit of money for all that sort of stuff, too much to justify getting rid of a union that does not cost as much money that is less expensive than the current pilot group.

Those boys are all about making money and not giving it away needlessly.

One more point, I believe looking at the market and current scope restrictions, that Skywest wants to additional certificate to avoid some of thos pitfalls. It only expands his business oppurtunities. Nothing good comes from shutting down ASA for SkyWest Inc.

BTW, great paint job on that Virgin America plane in YUL. Makes my stomach hurt when I see it.

Crash Pad said:
Ok so SKYW is hiring like crazy. We get a company memo about the 70 seat transfer. IP's are getting furloughed. At what point do we believe the 70s are gone? I don't keep track of tail numbers so can someone tell me the second one leaves. Thanks.

What memo was that? I never saw any memo that said they were getting rid of the 700s.

Latest resources

Back